PE Not Seeing Simconnect

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
luckyb52

PE Not Seeing Simconnect

Post by luckyb52 »

Hi All :),

I have simconnect installed in my desktop (as shown in the screengrab of my <control panel/programs and features> shown below:

MSFS is working fine on my desktop, but when I launch PE I get this error:

I uninstalled and reinstalled PE but this still happens.

I would be very grateful if you could advise me on how to solve this problem :)

Best regards,

Lucky
Kevin_atc

Re: PE Not Seeing Simconnect

Post by Kevin_atc »

I’m not too familiar with it, but did you download simconnect separately or something?

Nothing in the setup instructions for PE requires you to do anything with simconnect.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
luckyb52

Post by luckyb52 »

Thanks for your reply, Kevin ---

Yes, Kevin, I downloaded it separately. Initially I installed the PE client and got the same PE error message. Then I noticed that simconnect was not in my list of installed programs. No wonder PE could not find it, I thought, so I went out and got it, then installed it.

Rgds

Lucky
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Did you make sure the pilot cleint installed within users/[name]/appdata/local/pilotedge? (the default location)
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
luckyb52

Post by luckyb52 »

Will check and get back to you, Kevin...
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Resolved via Discord live chat.

For those following along, user had changed the default installation location of the Pilot Client which led to the issues described above.
Users should stick with the default installation location when installing the pilot client and refrain from changing it unless you have good reason.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
luckyb52

Post by luckyb52 »

Hi All,

Just to wrap things up, I did as Kevin instructed (installing PE in the C: drive folder he specified) and PE worked perfectly after that.

Thanks again, Kevin!

Lucky