Not seeing traffic

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
shammah98

Not seeing traffic

Post by shammah98 »

So I have noticed that I don't see other traffic while flying. I use FSX. I have increased the range of the multiplayer view in the PE client, and I can hear the traffic calls, but I never see them . (today I had a plane holding short of rwy for me, i landed but never see them).
Is it possible something is blocking the traffic from showing up?
I know I've seen traffic in the past, but the last couple of times, nothing
thanks
Sabre

Re: Not seeing traffic

Post by Sabre »

Make sure to tick those boxes in the Traffic tab: Show aircraft labels, User aircraft, Distance. I had those on at 20nm (in PE client) and saw the traffic when checked the connection for the first time today.

Sabre.
Sabre

Post by Sabre »

What are the guidelines for AI Traffic % setting in FSX/FS9? For what it matters I set it at 0%. I can see what looks like the manned traffic when connected to PE. Is there anything special for the visible traffic both AI and human?

Thanks,
Sabre.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

PE attempts to disable the stock AI traffic (regardless of the slider setting). PE has its own automated traffic (drones) that fly on the network in addition to the live traffic. From a technical perspective, there is no distinction between the two, and NEITHER of those are FSX AI traffic.

Keith
Sabre

Post by Sabre »

Nice, so there's no need to mess with the sliders each time when switching between FSX and PE flying.

Sabre.