Headphones, Speakers, and Sounds

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
cchiozza

Headphones, Speakers, and Sounds

Post by cchiozza »

I am trying to show my brother in law pilotedge and would like him to hear what I hear while flying on the network. I have two usb headsets but it looks like FSX will only allow one to work at a time. I have tried to force the voice portion over the speakers and the headset to be used for microphone but I have had no luck. Is there anyone else trying to do this. In the home cockpits how do they get it so that two people can hear the same feed from ATC? Maybe I am making it harder than it is. Thanks
DrZGard

Re: Headphones, Speakers, and Sounds

Post by DrZGard »

When I want to have other people observing and able to hear ATC I leave it on the computer speakers and utilize the mic on the webcam instead of the headset. In your audio management for your computer you could specify the speakers and mic to still utilize your USB headset for the mic and have the main speakers for sound.
Regards,
Dr. Zane Gard
ASEL IFR

AOPA #00915027
EAA #825848
American Mensa #100314888
cchiozza

Post by cchiozza »

Thanks for the quick response. When I try and force the sound through the speakers the sim sounds work fine but atc still comes through the headset.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

I use the splitter plugged into the graphic card sound output but not many times I have someone to listen ... :lol:
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

cchiozza wrote:Thanks for the quick response. When I try and force the sound through the speakers the sim sounds work fine but atc still comes through the headset.
What mechanism are you using to play the sound through the speakers? The only one that will work is if you set the default playback device in Windows to be your speakers, rather than the headset.
cchiozza

Post by cchiozza »

I have tried to set different variations and I have tried to set the default for both but then all sounds come through the headset.
cchiozza

Post by cchiozza »

Oh I see what you mean by default in windows. it was set to the usb headphnes. Ill try now.
cchiozza

Post by cchiozza »

That worked thx!
stephane cornelis

Post by stephane cornelis »

Hi all,

I'm new here and I'll give a try to that wonderfull service this week-end.
I was reading you through the forum and found this topic. I've recently purchased the Go Flight module called ATC module.
Great review here: http://mutleyshangar.com/reviews/jack/gfatc/gfatc.htm

But to summarized, it simulates the sound of communication similar to what we can hear in real life. There is a squelch knob that works perfectly. You can either plug your headphone in the headphone output and connect your speakers in the speakers output: This way, you can hear the communication in your headphone and all other sounds in the speakers.
Or you can simply plug your headphones in the speakers output: in this config, you will hear what you would normally hear (i.e communication and usual FS sounds) but you will lose the real life sound touch. it is up to you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Stéphane