>>> Availability survey for the next flight <<<

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Alex Stjepanovic

>>> Availability survey for the next flight <<<

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Gents,

Before doing the next Oakland Grand Tour leg, I intend to organize a relatively short-hop, loaded with a descent-sized flying challenge at the destination. The flight itself is estimated to be around 30 minutes long, if not less. One or two people might specifically be able to figure out what I'm talking about, but I'd like to leave that aside for now.

Since this is the season of holidays, before going ahead with the organization, I'd be interested to hear what everyone's availability patterns are, in order to attempt and make the date as practical for as many people as possible(This type of a flight somewhat depends on having a large quantity of pilots).

So post away, be it individual days over the next few weeks, weekly availability, etc.

EDIT: A clarification on this flight - This flight will NOT be the next leg of Oakland Grand Tour, but instead an interim unrelated flight, aimed at another kind and area of flying. The next leg of Oakland Grand Tour will still happen at another time.
Last edited by Alex Stjepanovic on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Steven Winslow

Re: >>> Availability survey for the next flight <<<

Post by Steven Winslow »

My schedule is fairly flexible most of the time. Evenings are still the best time for me. Most nights after 8:00 pm MST (0300 ZULU) are good for me. I'll be busy tomorrow, obviously, but Sunday evening would probably work for me. Saturday Dec 3rd from 3:00 MST on is a no go for me. And I think the 10th is out, too.

Will that be a "decent-sized" or "descent-sized" challenge? ;) As if the weather wasn't challenging enough on that last flight! I look forward to seeing what you have in mind this time.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
AviatorScott

Post by AviatorScott »

Sorry I didn't make the first Grand Tour, but would love to try to be involved with the next. Many evenings work for me after 7:30/8:00 PST. Some weekend days might work as well provided the dogs don't have me out chasing pheasants with them :D , my "furkids" can be demanding that way! Oh and I almost never make Thursday nights because of agility class... the dog is only limited by her handler.

Scott
Scott Woodland, PE, M.ASCE
PPL - ASEL -- IFR
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

The first tour sounds like it was fun, I would definitely like to do the next one. As far as availability, I work mostly from home right now so almost any time during the week is good, as are Sundays.
Brian Ratledge

Post by Brian Ratledge »

Most any night with a 7:00pm PST time start I can do during the winter season.
Brian Ratledge
Pilot Client Support Team
brian (at) pilotedge (dot) net
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

I am mostly available in the evenings and weekends. Just give some advanced notice on the flight or post it on facebook. I have not been able to check the PE forums as frequently as I used to so it is easy for me to miss events. At least with Facebook I get notified on my phone.
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Daddy O wrote:or post it on facebook.
Just saw your reply - I don't use that thing.