[Jan 10 12p PST] Long Beach ops for "Man caves"

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

[Jan 10 12p PST] Long Beach ops for "Man caves"

Post by Keith Smith »

There's a show called "Man Caves" on the DIY Network. They're doing a video shoot at my flight school tomorrow, featuring the school's simulator and also PilotEdge.

I'll be flying in and around the Long Beach area from 12pm-2pm PST and would love some company. I'm pretty sure they're going to want to capture the audio, too, so there's a chance you could end up with your radio calls on TV, as well as some visuals of takeoffs and landings.

Edit: here's a link to the show: http://www.diynetwork.com/man-caves/show/index.html
AviatorScott

Re: [Jan 10 12p PST] Long Beach ops

Post by AviatorScott »

Almost enough to make me want to call in sick tomorrow, or run home for lunch :)
Scott Woodland, PE, M.ASCE
PPL - ASEL -- IFR
scottcame

Re: [Jan 10 12p PST] Long Beach ops for "Man caves"

Post by scottcame »

I was on for about 45 minutes, from about 12:10 until 12:55. Several others flying around KLGB too. How did the demo go, Keith?
Scott Came
P/E: N118SC (C172) or N400SC (COL4)
R/W: Private Pilot, ASEL, KOLM (Olympia, Washington, USA)
Keith Smith

Re: [Jan 10 12p PST] Long Beach ops for "Man caves"

Post by Keith Smith »

They never showed up. They called about 30 mins after the start time and told us they were canceling, but didn't give a reason. Lovely, no?

Apologies for the false alarm. I did some demo flights for the instructors at the flight school, though, they were digging it, so I appreciated the traffic.