[Mar 18 5-8 PDT] Hello Oakland!

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

[Mar 18 5-8 PDT] Hello Oakland!

Post by Keith Smith »

This Sunday evening, 5-8pm PDT (Mon 0000z-0300z) Hop in your favorite piece of tin, fabric or fiberglass and enjoy the first PilotEdge event featuring LAX and SFO.

As an alternative, SJC/RHV/HWD to/from VNY would be a good GA alternative for those not wanting to deal with SFO/LAX but still wanting to join in the fun.

IFR Turbojet Routes:
SFO-LAX: PORTE3.AVE.SADDE6
LAX-SFO: VTU5.RZS J501 BSR.BSR2 (SFO normal ops)
LAX-SFO: VTU5.RZS.J501 BSR.HADLY2 (SFO east ops)

Action starts at 5pm PDT on Sunday, Mar 18!
Kevin_atc

Re: [Mar 18 5-8 PDT] Hello Oakland!

Post by Kevin_atc »

Can't wait for the event tonight, should be very exciting!
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Wow...that was fantastic.....way beyond my expectations. I'll post my experience tomorrow if I can, but I can't wait to hear the stories!
theskunk

Post by theskunk »

I'd love to hear the statistics of # of planes on at a given time/etc!
Colin Payette

Post by Colin Payette »

I enjoyed my time during this! It was a great chance for me to branch out and fly in an unfamiliar area. I flew SJC-HWD-RHV since I didn't really have 2-3 hours to head up from VNY.

My radios seemed pretty quiet but I saw there were about 14 people on doing LAX-SFC. I wish there were more GA aircraft flying around on the network. Sometimes it seems all the traffic is miles above me :|
Warrior N1021C | Cub N0614 | Lear N021Q
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Colin,

That's an interesting perspective. This was the first event on the network since we launched that had a heavy metal focus. Every other event, and really, every day, we see more of a GA focus. I suspect that's because prior to the opening of ZOA, people felt a little cramped within ZLA if they tried flying a 737.

On most days, we have more GA aircraft than heavy metal...at least that's been the case so far. Once ZOA opens up with more availability, I expect that might change.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

theskunk wrote:I'd love to hear the statistics of # of planes on at a given time/etc!
I saw 15 pilots logged in at the peak. The ZOA radar 1900pdt and 2000pdt recordings are quite busy (22 mins and 17 mins long for 2 x 60min time frames).

PEaware shows a healthy spike for the w/end traffic.
AviatorScott

Post by AviatorScott »

Sorry I wasn't able to play last night, but I am very glad that ZOA has opened and am looking forward to more NORCAL flight time soon :)

Scott
Scott Woodland, PE, M.ASCE
PPL - ASEL -- IFR
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Sorry i had to bug out early. Kept having issues with my phenom 100. First I left the auto throttle engages so as soon as i released the brakes the plane would accelerate uncontrollably. Add to that the fact that whoever built that p100 set the vmax speed so low that the wings come off at 278 kias in level flight. Those werent descents center was seeing, those were official Red Leader death plunges.

I shoulda stuck with my king air.