[Apr 7 2-5p PDT] PE EVENT: Sheltered Existence

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Orest Skrypuch

Re: [Apr 7 2-5p PDT] PE EVENT: Sheltered Existence

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

Anybody get PICTURES?? Sorry I missed it.

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

Keith Smith wrote:Mark,

blue screen is Very Bad(tm), usually indicative of a hardware problem afaik. I hope you're able to get that debugged.
I'm about 95% sure it's due to the USB drivers for my flight control peripherals (a big stack of Saitek stuff). It has happened intermittently before, but generally just after FSX starts up when I first exercise the controls. Usually, it's yoke movement that does it -- causes an instant blue-screen -- but that only happens about 1 time in 20 after FSX startup. This is the first time I've ever had a blue-screen in the middle of a flight. What was particularly curious about this crash was the timing. Roughly 45-60 seconds earlier my "forward window" display system abruptly rebooted (I have a 4-PC simulator set up; one acting as the master, and three slaves running forward, left, and right window views). You'd just given me crossing traffic to look for on my way up to Ukiah and my forward window just -- died. That, all by itself, was interesting. I opened a new forward view window on my 'master' system while I waiting for the forward-view slave PC to reboot. Before it finished rebooting, my 'master' system blue-screened. Thus endeth my journey to Shelter Cove (at least for today). I have a small suspicion that both problems might be power-related. I have my flight sim PCs on a surge suppressor but not on UPS systems. Probably time to fix that.

That was a very cool event today. It was neat to have so much traffic around, to have to think about sequencing with other aircraft.

And I was so looking forward to watching the Learjet land at Shelter Cove.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

I got several pictures, I will try to put them together and publish today...
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

I have one picture, I wish there was more but I was so excited about the flight and all the traffic that I forgot about pictures.

I missed the Learjet landing at 0Q5 but had a great time with two pilots doing patterns there.

I landed on runway 12 accordingly to the weather report at the closest airport and wind sock but other pilot said runway 30 was suitable better and he had tail wind trying to land on 12.

Interesting because we both had real weather.

Thank you for a great event, looking forward to more. :D

Cheers, AJ
Attachments
Car_Bonanza_3.png
Car_Bonanza_3.png (2.01 MiB) Viewed 6163 times
sgabriel

Post by sgabriel »

Sorry the date was moved! Normally I can't do Sundays because of work. This week I could... because of Easter Sunday!! Argh.

Hope the turn-out was rocking!
Mueller

Post by Mueller »

Keith, you write: "Next thing we hear, "Skyhawk 3AB, Sonoma County 12 oclock 8 miles, advise when you have it in sight."
"8 miles", that means, one minute and 10 seconds later I would be inside airspace D. What if I don't see the field immediately? Would it be permitted to enter D while still in contact with Norcal?
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

I've got a bunch of pics that I'll post a little later. This was a lot of fun! Great traffic!
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Here are the pics I promised from Saturday. Had a blast flying this event. I've gotten into the habit of filing IFR so I don't have to bother with asking for transitions and such, so I was a bit nervous about going through Bravo at SFO, but it really wasn't as bad as I thought it could be. We had some good traffic around SFO. I was lined up behind Vince in another V-tail at STS. He took off before me at Shelter Cove, too, but I soon passed him. Forgot to tell him I've had some modifications done to my engine. After Shelter Cove, I headed back to Modesto as it was getting dark. Had some interesting drone traffic on the way.

Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Great pictures, Steve. It was nice chatting with you at Shelter Cove. :) Cheers, AJ