[Thu Jun 7 8am] AOPA Flight Training demo

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

[Thu Jun 7 8am] AOPA Flight Training demo

Post by Keith Smith »

Not sure how long this is going to go for, but we will be demoing for Ian Twombly at [http://lpawings.com]Aero Safety Training[/url] on Thursday. They're flying up from Maryland by 7am PDT, so I assume we might be in a position to do some flying by around 8am when we open the doors for business. They are shooting a video piece as well as working on a written article.

Additionally, there will be two representatives from the Air Safety Institute attending the demo. Those are the folks that put together the online courses which have become so popular in the last few years (with good reason).

I'm really not sure exactly where we'll be flying, but if you see a "Linda S" connected to the network, that will be us, demoing from the flight school, which is owned by Linda Scully. We will have a student pilot flying the sim as well as an instrument student, but if anyone else is able to tag along, please do. If you do attend while they are flying and were able to join us on our frequency during the demo, then please drop me a note after the demo to let me know that you were there.
Steven Winslow

Re: [Thu Jun 7 8am] AOPA Flight Training demo

Post by Steven Winslow »

How did it go, Keith? I was able to do some pattern work at SMX for about half an hour before I had to get to work. Thanks for the excuse to do some flying this morning!
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Pseduo relay...as far as we are aware, they are in an interview with KS right now(Almost certainly dissecting his and mine accents 8-) ) and will likely fly again. So stick around I guess.
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

They are done.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It went great, thanks. The demo aircraft did pattern work with two others in the pattern, then a flight to ksbp.

They filmed the fights, captured the audio, and interviewed 3 people at the school.

This will be a video piece and a written article for AOPA FLIGHT TRAINING.