[Sep 15] September Slam SBA-SNA/SMO 1-3p PDT

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Colin Payette

Re: [Sep 15] September Slam SBA-SNA/SMO 1-3p PDT

Post by Colin Payette »

That was fun. I enjoyed hearing all the traffic & the controller handled it really well :) I'm kicking myself for nicking the 40/100 Class B, but I'm still getting familiar with LA.

I do seem to have a better time seeing traffic at night. Next time I'll have to pick a lower altitude or check my settings.
Warrior N1021C | Cub N0614 | Lear N021Q
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

It was awesome.

Yes, did not show me on live map but it is not that important for me, ATC interaction was great and important.

Cheers, AJ
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

I can't see traffic in the day either... I just turn on labels. Maybe it's cheating but I find planes easier to see in real life....
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

I saw several airplanes while flying, the label helps but I could see the airplane. On the ground a few were deep "down zero level". Funny to see the prop shovelling dirt! I guess it has something to do with xPlane? I use FSX. I took several pics. I will try to publish them tomorrow.
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
c.b.powell

Post by c.b.powell »

Definitely a lot of fun, great to hear all that traffic! Reminded me of the the real world around the Seattle area.

Had a fun little altitude excursion (and got called on it!) when the plane went into an uncommanded dive. Turns out that there's a "runaway elevator trim" malfunction in the X-Plane equipment-malfunctions that can really ruin your day... :lol:
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Ryan B wrote:I can't see traffic in the day either... I just turn on labels. Maybe it's cheating but I find planes easier to see in real life....
Range setting in SQB? IIRC from VATSIM days, there was one in there.