[Sep 19, Wed 11am PDT] SMO-LGB commercial demo

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

[Sep 19, Wed 11am PDT] SMO-LGB commercial demo

Post by Keith Smith »

We're doing a demo for the flight line side of a college aviation program this Wednesday. There will be another demo for the campus side in the near future.

The demo aircraft will be N1021M

Traffic is requested to either:
- fly in the pattern at SMO for the departing aircraft, and/or at LGB when the aircraft is arriving, or

- pick up an IFR departure out of SMO to any destination while the demo aircraft is on the ground frequency (so the demo aircraft can hear you)

- pick up IFR from SMO to LGB to create conflicting traffic for the demo aircraft. The TEC route is SMO SMO125R V64 SLI. Local IFR departure instructions out of SMO for pistons are: "fly runway heading until crossing the SMO 315 radial then turn right hdg 250 without delay, radar vectors SMO." Put the latter together with the former and you have the clearance to expect.

Thanks for any assistance!
Colin Payette

Re: [Sep 19, Wed 11am PDT] SMO-LGB commercial demo

Post by Colin Payette »

That was cool to see all the traffic. I'm not ready for LGB yet or I'd help again, but it looks like they're getting there fast anyways. Sorry about the tail number coincidence. I didn't even realize it before I was on the ramp.
Warrior N1021C | Cub N0614 | Lear N021Q
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Colin, the similar table was not a bad thing at all (and it happens in real life relatively frequently).

Thanks to those that flew in the demo, much appreciated!
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

Keith,
Sorry about the first disconnect! I was getting a slide show for the first time with X-plane! That was not pleasant. By the time I got everything sorted it was time to get back to work! I tried to get in a few circuits at lunch!!! Don't tell my boss.

C-FEGU
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG