[Sep 29 2-5p PDT] Event: PilotEdge Birthday Bash

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Griphos

Re: [Sep 29 2-5p PDT] Event: PilotEdge Birthday Bash

Post by Griphos »

Distance is good. I suggested SNA or LGB to stay out of the way of the big boys.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

We are specifically staffed for big traffic at IFP and LAX (ie, dedicated controllers for those positions), if it helps.

This event has just started, feel free to fly and enjoy!
Mark Hargrove

Post by Mark Hargrove »

After having my simulator crash twice shortly after departure I guess I wasn't as ready as I thought to start flying again after the long hiatus I've been on while waiting for my basement finish to be completed. Sorry to all the controllers who watched me mysteriously disappear -- twice.

In both cases the crash occured very shortly after I engaged the FMS on my Citation Mustang, so something weird is going on with my configuration that I'll have to sort out before I try another PE flight.

One other oddball thing -- my PE transponder is nowhere to be found. I looked behind every window and instrument panel I had on my display but it simply isn't there. I don't know what that's all about. Radio communications with PE were working. I think my "flying" PC (it's one of six in my sim setup) needs a reboot perhaps.

-M.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
PE: N757SL (Cessna 182T 'Skylane'), N757SM (Cessna 337 'Skymaster'), N757BD (Beech Duke Turbine)
Griphos

Post by Griphos »

That was a blast. Flew from LAX to HND. Seemed to be fairly crowded skies, although flight following was pretty quiet for me (down around 7500).

I sure enjoy this service. So glad I finally took the plunge.
Colin Payette

Post by Colin Payette »

That was great. I saw 18 people on after I logged out. Brought a plane up from KHII then made the KIFP -KHND run. It was quite interesting towards the end when trying to stay under the 6000' Class B shelf with terrain clearance. The terrain section of the Garmin really helped today. And to anyone I revved my engine at, I was just saying hello :)
Warrior N1021C | Cub N0614 | Lear N021Q
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

A brilliant event. Thoroughly enjoyed it despite being disconnected three times (that damm real world link across the Pacific is a pain). Thanks to the ATCs for their patience. Would be wonderful if you didn't have to take a new squawk code on reconnection. Irrespective, it was great. Thanks to the PE gang.
bruce

Post by bruce »

Griphos wrote:Yeah, that seems like the thing to do. I'm happy to fly the same route with you, Bruce.
Hi Griph
The midnight hour beat me to it so couldn't make the long haul flight.
After the IFP/HND flight I flew HND to DAG (without mishap)
Perhaps we could arrange another time? Speak to you on DTP
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

It was great. For whatever reason the traffic I had was always on the opposite direction!

I felt like everybody was avoiding me!!!

I started from KIFP and saw 5 or 6 aircrafts (PE pilots not drones...) coming from KHND. After landing on KHND I decided to go back and I saw other 6 aircrafts coming from KIFP... :shock:
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

I just want to apologize for forgetting to disconnect from the network last night.
I did a leg from KHND to KPSP in my Cessna Skyhawk 172 with proper network protocol.
My intent, when I arrived at PSP was to change to the Baron 58 and fly to KSNA without the network. I loaded the plane, disconnected my headset and thought nothing more of it until I was over Banning. I then saw some aircraft in the sky and thought that was odd.
The light bulb came on and I disconnected immediately! Sorry to all the controllers for the brain fart.

Vince
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG