[Oct 4 1:30p PDT] SMO-LGB commercial demo

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

[Oct 4 1:30p PDT] SMO-LGB commercial demo

Post by Keith Smith »

As a followup to the demo that was done in Sep, we're doing a demo for the campus side of an aviation program this Wednesday.

The demo aircraft will be N1021M or N11FT.

Traffic is requested to either:
- fly in the pattern at SMO for the departing aircraft, and/or at LGB when the aircraft is arriving, or

- pick up an IFR departure out of SMO to any destination while the demo aircraft is on the ground frequency (so the demo aircraft can hear you)

- pick up IFR from SMO to LGB to create conflicting traffic for the demo aircraft. The TEC route is SMO SMO125R V64 SLI. Local IFR departure instructions out of SMO for pistons are: "fly runway heading until crossing the SMO 315 radial then turn right hdg 250 without delay, radar vectors SMO." Put the latter together with the former and you have the clearance to expect.

Thanks for any assistance!
kingaircaptain2012

Re: [Oct 4 1:30p PDT] SMO-LGB commercial demo

Post by kingaircaptain2012 »

Looking forward to it. Everyone is excited to see here at the campus. Just to clarify...the plane will be N1021M, a Baron 58. Hope to see a bunch of planes in the air!! Thanks!
Colin Payette

Post by Colin Payette »

I think it's time for me to download some KSMO scenery. That airport is just one giant runway for me and the turnoffs are confusing!
Warrior N1021C | Cub N0614 | Lear N021Q
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2
jtek

Post by jtek »

KSMO has hard, paved surface between the runway and the taxiways on both sides that runs almost the complete length of the runway. You can turn off anytime; no need to wait for a marked turn-off.
Josh Hinman
PPL ASEL IA (KSMO)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Colin,

Check out some satellite shots of the airport, it's bizarre.
Colin Payette

Post by Colin Payette »

That's pretty cool. What a great place to work on crosswind landings :) I'll have to make a trip up there this winter when work calms down.
Warrior N1021C | Cub N0614 | Lear N021Q
Private Pilot - Blog
FSX SP2