[Every Friday at 2100z] The "Wheel of Fortune Group Flight"

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
bruce

[Every Friday at 2100z] The "Wheel of Fortune Group Flight"

Post by bruce »

The idea comes from the old fairground "Wheel of Fortune" [sort of vertically mounted roulette wheel] a game of chance where if you are unlucky you can win all sorts of rubbish! Fear not, no rubbish here.
The idea is to meet in the PilotEdge room on DTP TS http://www.digitalthemepark.com/teamspe ... 0Setup.pdf at 2100z every Friday, decide on a departure field, the distance you wish to fly & the type of destination you want to arrive at (Class,B, C, D uncontrolled etc).
Enter the parameters into http://myflightroute.com/. Select "Surprise me" & "Execute" & then plan & fly whatever it chucks at us.

Eg. Lets decide on departing KSBA & fly between 150 & 200nm to a Class D destination, enter the details, select Surprise me/Execute & we get? A flight to KCRQ
Go plan it, fly it, all VFR or all IFR or a mix or as weather dictates. There are numerous variables you can enter including types of approach.

If the times are not convenient feel free to copy the idea & fly when it is best for you.

Have fun & enjoy.
Last edited by bruce on Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daddy O

Re: [Every Wed & Fri 2100z] The "Wheel of Fortune Group Flig

Post by Daddy O »

You should leave from the wagon wheel at KEDW, if you're doing the wheel of fortune.
bruce

Re: [Every Fri at 2100z] The "Wheel of Fortune Group Flight"

Post by bruce »

Daddy O wrote:You should leave from the wagon wheel at KEDW, if you're doing the wheel of fortune.
Thanks for the suggestion but Edwards is a military base therefore no ATC available.
Daddy O

Re: [Every Friday at 2100z] The "Wheel of Fortune Group Flig

Post by Daddy O »

I think you can pull a clearance from Joshua departure, then go active as soon as you get airborne, pretty much. It's different to start IFR from a non-towered field and open your plan in the air.