[Feb 19th, 7pm EST] Tue (0000z) KLAX/KHMT -EAST COAST FLY IN

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

Re: [Feb 19th, 7pm EST] Tue (0000z) KLAX/KHMT -EAST COAST FL

Post by Keith Smith »

One of the cardinal rules of fly-outs, "What speed are we going to be doing?"

No need to agree on an airframe, but if there's no agreement about speeds, the wheels come off pretty quickly :)
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Lesson learned!
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

SCREENSHOTS! (I will try to cover the event better next time...during flight I'm so busy I forget to take pictures ;) )

I also published the screenshots of the Feb 6th events HERE -> viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2540&p=17314#p17314

Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Good times, even though I made a rookie mistake climbing to 5500 too early and busting the bravo - after being given clearance to climb as desired *but remain clear of LAX Bravo*. Duh.
Jeff, do not feel bad :) , I made 3 major mistakes.

1. I have stayed at 3500' while under the Bravo but after the Bravo I forgot to climb to 5500 as planned duh.. :roll:

2. I was considering filing IFR and decided that I will be OK, I was not, 3 times I flew into the clouds... in real life an obvious NO!

3. Messed up the pattern at Hemet, being totally lost for a moment as for the right traffic for Rwy 5 , I just flew up North of the airport and went straight in Rwy 23, at least I have announced my intentions on CTAF. :D

Rob, it was nice to "meet" you. :)

Alex, thank you for the screen shots.

Keith, thank you for the pointer about speed, we have to include it in the fly-in description.

Gotta be better prepared for our next challenge. It was so much fun. Cheers, AJ
rgrazian

Post by rgrazian »

Hi Guys,

Being the FNG here, I have a question. How do the different sims show other planes? Meaning what logic does it use to draw "you guys" on my screen? For example, I'm depicted in Alex's pictures a fixed gear low wing small Piper. I was actually flying a larger Piper Saratoga with retractable gear. I can understand if the paint schemes don't show up, but I would expect the planes depicted correctly, no? How does that stuff work in sim world?
Rob G.
Private Pilot
Instrument Airplane; ASEL
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Alex, nice shots! The Duke looks killer in black.

I grabbed a couple shots too, 1st is at the Landmark ramp, which on my end was shared with a Singapore cargo 747 - you can see AJ and a couple others just behind it.

Lined up behind Alex at 25L (this scenery is not pretty up close - I usually only see it from above via the Mini Route, et al)

Departing, last in line...

Did you guys fly VFR with real weather? I tried turning it on a couple times enroute and was either right next to, or firmly planted IN the clouds so I don't know how you made it to Hemet.

Rob, I'd like to know the answer to your question as well. I've noticed a lot of incorrect aircraft being depicted. Just to be sure, are you certain you entered the right ICAO code for a Saratoga when you logged in? If so then I think there's something wrong with the network. Though I wish I got to see that Cub doing 160+ :lol:
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Did you guys fly VFR with real weather? I tried turning it on a couple times enroute and was either right next to, or firmly planted IN the clouds so I don't know how you made it to Hemet.
Read my reply above, Jeff. I messed up, I made it to Hemet but was in the clouds few times, unacceptable in real life. :oops:

Great shots. I am sure Keith will reply about what we should see as far as other aircraft. Cheers, AJ
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

arb65912 wrote:Read my reply above, Jeff. I messed up, I made it to Hemet but was in the clouds few times, unacceptable in real life. :oops:
Reading comprehension > me :oops:
TexFly

Post by TexFly »

Were you guys seeing me in XP the way I look in my FSX screenshots?
Alex (N705AT)
Check out my sim: http://www.createandsolve.com
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Affirm Alex, except of course the paint scheme. Cheers, AJ