[January 31st 08:00pm PST] Westcoast fly-in: KOXR to KWHP

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
djrisc

Re: [January 31st 08:00pm PST] Westcoast fly-in: KOXR to KWH

Post by djrisc »

Keith,
Exactly! I'll be flying the TEC route tonight requesting it from the controller.

Should be fun! See you all there!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
PE: Skyhawk C172 - N8979T
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

I am will be on TeamSpeak from now through the fly in for those that want to be on TS while flying the fly-in!

Hope to see you there!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

On my phone right now. PC dead. Continuing diagnostic tests :(

Have fun!
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

*rests feet on the desk*

Who'd like to go first on the debrief?

Btw, I was not aware that Stevie Wonder had resumed his duties as Czar of the Navigation Department, or that Hellen Keller had been promoted to Minister of Chart Management Chart Management and Top of Descent planning. I will distribute the memo as expeditiously as possible. :)

Don't feel too bad, I think there must've been a full moon...a gentleman in a Falcon who is normally a rock solid participant on the network executed a beautiful landing at the wrong airport WHILE ESTABLISHED ON THE ILS (wasn't flying in the event, btw).

Oh, and if anyone is interesting in purchasing the radials involved in the LAX Coastal Route, they're available and are in BRAND NEW CONDITION. Not a scratch on 'em.

Ok, in hindsight, who'd like to go second? :)

All kidding aside, thanks for flying everyone, it was entertaining, hopefully educational, and it all worked out in the end.
Garrett Waterbury

Post by Garrett Waterbury »

Okay, (head hanging) I guess I'll go next... :oops:

Had a great time this evening, and hope we haven't driven the controllers to excessive drinking! ;)
"Some people fly to make good time, I fly to have a good time!"
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It's only because I consider everyone involved on tonight's event a friend that I would enjoy some artistic license in the post, in case anyone's concerned :)
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Keith Smith wrote:Btw, I was not aware that Stevie Wonder had resumed his duties as Czar of the Navigation Department, or that Hellen Keller had been promoted to Minister of Chart Management Chart Management and Top of Descent planning. I will distribute the memo as expeditiously as possible. :)
Oh, I can't wait to listen to the PE ATC recordings for last night. :lol:

Perhaps the fly-in participants could post the PEAware URL's for their flights - or at least their call signs - so the rest of us can use the event as a learning (and entertainment ;) ) opportunity....?
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Cyrus, PEaware has a 'city pair' search capability. The event was from OXR to WHP, then continued from WHP to SNA.
djrisc

Post by djrisc »

lol! Last night was so much fun! Thanks for everyone who came out. Fun flying, and a lot of laughs as well.

Ok, for the record the LAX radials DID get a little bit of a workout..

I present exhibit A:
http://peaware.pilotedge.net/flight.cfm?id=26381

Just don't ask me to do any kind of pattern work. rofl How many mistakes did I make just doing closed traffic? Yeah, maybe I should do about 100 touch and go's this weekend.

Keith, sorry about the IFR/VFR mistake, normally I say it! I swear! lol It's actually a bit more challenging to fly with the TeamSpeak voice channel on to split your attention. lol

Anyhow, thanks again SO much for everyone who attended and made this fly-in so successful! Please drop a line in the forums with a suggestion for next week and we'll do it again!

Brett
Brett Johnson
Los Angeles, CA.