FindFlight -- Wheel of Fortune

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
bruce

FindFlight -- Wheel of Fortune

Post by bruce »

Unfortunately I too am now having problems getting into "FindFlight", so Tomas you are not the only one. Wed. flight we will have to revert to the the map/blindfold/pin method.....unless someone else is having better luck.
Shame it is a really nice utility.
Keith Smith

Re: FindFlight -- Wheel of Fortune

Post by Keith Smith »

Tell me what criteria you want and I'll email to you at a specific time. I can hit it.
kullery

Post by kullery »

I JUST (as in 10 minutes ago) got a REAL web host. I am still tweaking a few things but it should be usable. Let me know if access is still an issue (if it is, I will blame Danica Patrick).

The new URL is: http://MyFlightRoute.com.
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Ken, works perfect for me. I am amazed by the new additions and very happy you came up with that program to share with everybody, everything is in one place now, I am VERY impressed.

Thank you, cheers, AJ
kullery

Re: MyFlightRoute -- Wheel of Fortune

Post by kullery »

Glad you like it AJ,

I really like the new flight details (C.R.A.F.T.) form. It pulls in the departure and arrival frequencies, elevations, TPA, as well as links to airport diagrams, A/FD and approaches. This is all the stuff I have been writing on my kneeboard before a flight......this just makes it a lot faster. Even though I use foreflight, I like having this info printed so it's readily at hand.

You folks with the big monitors might be able to use this in a window while in flight or it can be printed out. Set your printer to print "2 per page" and it should put it into a nice 5.5 x 8.5in size that fits nicely on a kneeboard (not sure about the European A4 paper size but I think it should work).

Still have some enhancements to make, and need to address some formatting issues but it's getting there.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Ken, yes, these were the enhancements I was talking about, all in one place.
I made my own Flight Plan sheet and I started doing exactly as you described, writing down all the information.

Now a question, I do not want to take me wrong but you think, you could add few fields to an CRAFT if I would list them?

If that is not the option, I perfectly understand, I love the software as it is already. :D

Cheers, AJ
kullery

Re: MyFlightRoute.com -- Wheel of Fortune

Post by kullery »

Hey AJ,

I'd love to see your suggestions. Please drop me an email (admin@MyFlightRoute.com) with your ideas and I'll see how it fits in with the stuff I already have in the works. Better to drop me an email, it's not fair to Keith to use up his forum reviewing functionality that is not directly PE. He has been kind enough to be very supportive but I don't want to abuse his hospitality.

ken
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Ken, mail dropped ... :D Cheers, AJ
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I am all for it being discussed in the forum, that's not a problem. This is a pretty serious thread hijack, though. Create a thread in the pilot forum, seems like the best place for it, rather than fly-in announcements :)
bruce

Post by bruce »

Keith Smith wrote:I am all for it being discussed in the forum, that's not a problem. This is a pretty serious thread hijack, though. Create a thread in the pilot forum, seems like the best place for it, rather than fly-in announcements :)
Wooohhh "Stand and deliver" as the old highway man used to say.

Thanks for your new link Ken, great tool.