Sticky Official Fly-Ins

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Calvin Waterbury

Sticky Official Fly-Ins

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

I've been trying to look at the fly-ins and I am confused (what else is new). I see there are some discussion threads about the fly-ins, but would it be possible to sticky the organized "official" fly-ins at the top? When you go into the thread, there is one read-only post containing a schedule of the next (future?) flight(s)? No discussion, just a read-only board where the fly-in organizer can post the schedule(s). There are probably some criterion which I have missed. Is this possible and/or desirable? Just thinking out loud.
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD
arb65912

Re: Sticky Official Fly-Ins

Post by arb65912 »

Hi Calvin, I am not sure if the regular user can make a post sticky but I do not think it is necessary.
Since ( per Keith's suggestion :) ) every Fly-In Posy has a date, time and East Coast or West Coast indication, it will not be THAT hard find the one you are interested in. Of course , this is my humble opinion only. Cheers, AJ
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

There are no "official" fly-ins. AJ hit the nail on the head, I require that each fly-in event be posted as its own dated, independent thread. If there are single, long-running threads to plan them so long as those are clearly identified as PLANNING threads, not the actual fly-out.

If you want to know what's coming up in terms of flyouts, look at the dates in the thread titles.
Calvin Waterbury

Post by Calvin Waterbury »

Keith Smith wrote:...If you want to know what's coming up in terms of flyouts, look at the dates in the thread titles.
Somehow I missed this and I read your "How this, and a sample post." I guess it must be the, "...missed the forest for the trees" thing. :| Anyway, I think I understand it now. I'm good. :)
Windows 8.1 (64)
ASUS 17" Laptop
2.4 GHz I7-4700HQ CPU
8 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M
1 TB HDD