[Mar 30 8am PDT] Commercial Demo at VNY this Saturday

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
wdhurley

[Mar 30 8am PDT] Commercial Demo at VNY this Saturday

Post by wdhurley »

Good morning guys! I am demoing Pilot Edge to a great little helicopter school in Palm Beach, Fl this weekend. Origin airport is VNY. The plan is to be "skids up" around 8:30am PDT , but I hope to be on the tarmac at opening. I'd love to have some VFR traffic around the area. Touch and gos, or otherwise. I proposed to demo the IFR filing and clearance procedures, then cancel IFR for a Bravo Transition.

We will probably be in a default FSX Robinson R22 using tailnumber N211BA.

Let me know if you can be there!
Keith Smith

Re: [3/30/13 8am PDT] Commercial Demo at VNY this Saturday

Post by Keith Smith »

Walt, I made a quick edit to get the title in the same format as all the other posts and changed to PDT since most people are used to that (with the exception of the 'east coast flyin' which is specifically timed for east coast participants) :)
wdhurley

Re: [3/30/13 8am PDT] Commercial Demo at VNY this Saturday

Post by wdhurley »

I was just coming back to change it and you beat me to it!
wdhurley

Re: [Mar 30 8am PDT] Commercial Demo at VNY this Saturday

Post by wdhurley »

Don't forget the demo tomorrow at opening! Any traffic around VNY would be great. If you can be there, please let me know. Thanks.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Traffic is nice but even without it is still a powerful experience for those not familiar with online flight. Good luck!
wdhurley

Post by wdhurley »

Thanks everyone that was there for the demo. They loved the service and were taken back at the complexity of the service along with the diversity of the aircraft actually flying around. Right as we were flying the mini route over LAX, an AAL 737 (I believe) was receiving IFR clearance and went wheels up as we were over the numbers. Plus Keith's ILS approach into SNA was a treat to hear. The demo went as well as could be expected. Hopefully we'll be seeing little Robinson's poking around the skies soon.