[Mar 27 3:30pm PDT] Commercial demo: LAX to LAX

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

[Mar 27 3:30pm PDT] Commercial demo: LAX to LAX

Post by Keith Smith »

Late notice, but there will be a fairly important commercial demo taking place at LAX today around 1530 PDT. If you see Citation N525PF parked at LAX, feel free to join them in an IFR departure out of LAX at around the same time. They will be flying LAX to LAX for the ILS 25L, but anyone is welcome to simply depart LAX to a destination of their choice. As soon as we get the specific demo time, it'll be posted here.

I don't expect much response at this late hour, but I figured I'd post in case any catches the post in time and is looking for something to do :)
Keith Smith

Re: [Mar 27 3:30pm PDT] Commercial demo: LAX to LAX

Post by Keith Smith »

That went very well, the client was very happy. They are a relatively new customer (I'll have a press release about them in the coming days) demoing their sim to a large jet manufacturer. Everyone was blown away. This wouldn't have been possible without the participants at LAX and the extra controllers, showing what the system can REALLY do when we are given an opportunity to ramp up :)
iomagico

Re: [Mar 27 3:30pm PDT] Commercial demo: LAX to LAX

Post by iomagico »

Wow, I'm just impressed.
For the very first time I got 1 controller for clearance/ground, 1 for tower, 1 for departure and another one for radar.
Crossing Seal Beach VOR, some minutes after Lax departure I already spoke with 4 different guys.
It's incredible how enormous is the PE potential with increasing traffic.
Thanks Keith, thanks PE guys, beautiful job.