[Apr 6 11a-2p PDT] Get 'Em Before They're Gone

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

[Apr 6 11a-2p PDT] Get 'Em Before They're Gone

Post by Keith Smith »

Due to sequestration, this will be our last event involving 2 apostrophes in the title!

Yes, these towers (and others) really are closing, and yes, we'll be closing the towers on PilotEdge, too.

To make the staffing a bit more manageable and to maximize traffic density, this is a conga line event from OXR to WHP to RAL to FUL and finally to RNM with suggested departure times and each airport. If you can't make the start of the event, no problem, just show up at the next field and be ready to depart at the published time for your field and you'll be right in the thick of it!

Take any aircraft you like, VFR or IFR. If you go IFR, definitely pull the preferred routes from http://myflightroute.com/input-close.php? in advance so you can be prepared and avoid any surprises (nobody likes a re-route when they're trying to make a departure time).
bruce

Re: [Apr 6 11a-2p PDT] Get 'Em Before They're Gone

Post by bruce »

Oh boy, more near misses! :o :lol:
In the diary.
MikeT

Re: [Apr 6 11a-2p PDT] Get 'Em Before They're Gone

Post by MikeT »

Thanks so much for doing this yesterday! I am sure it was a lot of work for the controllers, but it was a ton of fun for the pilots! Flying with so many aircraft in the vicinity, having to hold short for landing traffic, getting diverted on approach for faster traffic all made for a super immersive and fun flight. The only down side for me were some scenery memory issues that booted me on the way to KRNM. Can't wait for that 64bit mac plugin hint... hint...

All in all great fun!!! A big thanks to the PE management and controllers for making this happen. When can we do it again?

Cheers!

Mike