[Jun 15 7p PDT] California at its Finest

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

[Jun 15 7p PDT] California at its Finest

Post by Keith Smith »

Time for another PE event! There have been a lot of new signups lately, so the timing is right to show them what we have to offer.

The previous event was a multi-leg event with set departure times from each airport. The feedback was very positive from that event, so we've chosen to repeat the format again. This is our first weekend evening event, though! So, if you've been tied up in the early afternoons for previous events, this is your chance to enjoy the network on a Saturday night.

Fire up you favorite aircraft and fly VFR or IFR from CRQ to SNA, then to SMO, OXR and SBA at the times listed above to enjoy maximum traffic density throughout. If you can only attend for a portion of legs, no problem, the schedule is right there for you to pick your poison.

Preferred IFR routes exist for each of these legs, so be sure to check those out in the Digital AFD, or at http://myflightroute.com.

While we normally allow pilots to pick up TEC IFR routes without filing, it may be busy enough that you'll be placed in the back of the line if you haven't pre-filed, so I would recommend filing for this event. Myflightroute.com has the option to look up preferred routes and even to fill out most of the web-based flight plan filing form, too (just make sure you select your aircraft type from the list and the filing option will show up).

Hope to see you there!
ChristophPreinfalk

Re: [Jun 15 7p PDT] California at its Finest

Post by ChristophPreinfalk »

Can't wait ...
SoCal_Pilot

Post by SoCal_Pilot »

Sounds great! Looking forward to it.
-----------------------------------------------------
Charath Ram Ranganathan
CFII, AGI, IGI (Blog)
Azusa, CA
currentadventure

Post by currentadventure »

Keith,

Will it be a full stop at each location or touch and go? Either way, sounds like fun. Hopefully I'll have enough energy left after running my fishing charter to make it. May have to take a nap before hand. :roll:
Brent Stanley
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
Inshore Charter Guide
Private Pilot, ASEL
http://www.currentadventurecharters.com
My PE callsign-N134WD
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

currentadventure wrote: Will it be a full stop at each location or touch and go?
It's really up to you! Each destination has a departure time that we want to try to keep relatively accurate. Obviously all twenty-some pilots who show up cannot depart at the same time, but if they're all departing within a 10-15 minute window of the time published, it will make for a great event. So, if you're running behind schedule, do a touch-n-go to make up for some lost time!
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
RiteFlyer

Post by RiteFlyer »

Great to have an evening event for us in the CDT!
"Can't keep my mind from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I”
-Pink Floyd, "Learning to Fly”
bruce

Post by bruce »

Alarm set for 0245 BST.

How far in advance can you post your flight plan? Was thinking of posting at about 1200PDT.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The server keeps flight plans for up to 2 hours if you're disconnected or from the time you disconnect. It keeps them indefinitely if you're logged in.
Timmer

Post by Timmer »

This looks like fun. Who is in charge of the burgers and chips?
bruce

Post by bruce »

Already started the flt planning!

Will I be the only UK based Brit in the session?

The gauntlet has been thrown!!!