[FEB 18, Tues 6:00pm PST] KSNA-KOXR-KTOA-KBUR (VFR)

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Frank Pate

[FEB 18, Tues 6:00pm PST] KSNA-KOXR-KTOA-KBUR (VFR)

Post by Frank Pate »

VFR TRANSTION ROUTES: For pilots that want to brush up on VOR flight thru Bravo Airspace or for pilots that will be thinking about the V3 Rating.

20 - 30 minute legs transitoning thru different Bravo Route north and south. About an hour and a half flight.

Departure: KNSA - John Wayne
Arrival: KBUR - Burbank

ROUTE: KSNA to Coastal Route North - KOXR - VNY - Hollywod Route South - KTOA - Mini Route North - KBUR
- Altitudes set by Route Descriptions (6500 Coastal, 2500 Mini, ATC assigned but expect 9,500)
- Altitude to File 6500
- Aircraft: Baron 58 or a piston aircraft that can cruise 160 - 180.
- Time on Ramp 6:00PST.
- Departure by 6:15PST
- Touch and Go landings at KOXR and KTOR

Notes:
Join the PE IRchat room here to discuss any changes or questions.
---This will be a total VFR flight plan TAC Charts Required
---Burgers and Beer will be on me at Burbank---

Frank - N71FS
Last edited by Frank Pate on Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrus

Re: [FEB 18, Tues 6:00pm PST] KSNA-KOXR-KTOR-KBUR (VFR)

Post by Cyrus »

Hi Frank. I think you meant "KTOA" and not "KTOR" (you can edit the subject line).

Just to confirm, did you mean this:

1. SNA to OXR (Coastal Route North Bravo transition)
2. OXR to TOA (Direct VNY VOR, then Hollywood Route South Bravo transition)
3. TOA to BUR (Mini Route North Bravo transition)

That is, something like this: http://skyvector.com/?ll=34.02201937554 ... :A.K2.KBUR

That's quite a challenge. I'm intellectually knackered after doing just one Bravo transition... can't imagine doing three in one flight! :o

As for tonight, I'd love to try challenge myself with this flight, but it may be a tad early for me. Will try my best though (may join at Oxnard).

Either way, I wish you a great flight.
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Frank Pate

Re: [FEB 18, Tues 6:00pm PST] KSNA-KOXR-KTOA-KBUR (VFR)

Post by Frank Pate »

Hi Cyrus,

Thanks for the find on the ICAO. I corrected it. Yes, it is a bit aggressive but I figure changing a touch and go to full stop wont be a big deal. Its gonna be a lot of frequency hopping for sure, but where better to correct mistakes. If I fly this even romotely successfully, the V3 will be a walk in the park. I decided to stick airports in between routes just incase I needed to full stop and re-collect my thoughts.

I be there tonight and look forward to flying it with you if you decide.

Regards,

Frank
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

I'm on the ramp. Let's do this 8-)

(chat room website not up right now... they are checking on it though)
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Frank Pate

Post by Frank Pate »

Had an amazing flight with Cyrus and Keith thru the 3 Bravo routes. A bit nervous with Keith behind me. (Sorry I was cruising so slow keith... was giving myself a little extra free time to keep ahead.) Missed a couple of radio switches because of not switching COM1/COM2 button, but over all kept it safe, flew with head outside the cockpit, and most importantly, had a great time doing it!

Thanks again guys and of course, to the controllers that handled us. Super job!

Frank - 71FS
Last edited by Frank Pate on Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Thank YOU, Frank. That was very intense, but definitely a lot of fun... and great practice.

Here are the 3 screenshots I managed to get: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/356 ... sanity.doc

(sorry, it's in Word format... too lazy to go to my other computer and PDF it for now)