East coaster seeks early-bird flying buddies

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Hesynergy

East coaster seeks early-bird flying buddies

Post by Hesynergy »

I'm semi retired and drive a Kaintuky school bus.

So, I've got my kids dropped off and I've had my breakfast usually by 8:00A.M. (13:00UTC?) and I would like to do some VFR flying with a couple PilotsEdge buddies before the lazy ass ATC weenies check in... The more the merrier!

We could do circuits at uncontrolled airports or anything that sounds interesting to the rest of us so let me know and let's fly together.... On

Chas's PE breakfast club!!

Or

Senior Blue Angels...grin... Wouldn't that be cool?... old farts flying jets in formation...how about an airshow over KBUR for my son and his ex-patriot Berea buds.

Goooooo CATS! Just so you know, University of Kentucky's basketball kids are in the NCAA final four!

An astounding feat from a roster of kids that were high school seniors less than a year ago... I DIGRESS…

Christian, (Christian Honce on Facebook and ChristianHonce.com) lives four blocks WSW from the end of runway 26… having moved there three weeks ago in an attempt to break into screenwriting…from Brooklyn where his great-grandfather walked across the Brooklyn Bridge to save a nickel…

It just struck me as I'm composing this on my iPad, that there a lot of things that we could swap wives about…

Errrrr....lies, I mean lies… No no no ... I don't mean lies...

Experiences... Yeah that's the ticket!… For instance my stats are on Avsim under the handle of hesynergy and…

...I fly Prepar3D v2.1(soon to be 2.2), now doing my fifth reinstall to optimize all of my settings on my I-7 2700 K / Nvidia 770 GTX ho-made rig.

I have also purchased Orbx's Northern California, England, Wales, New Zealand North and South Island, FTXglobal, and Global Vector(even though they haven't provided rural roads for North America… And apparently won't until this summer...thus the need for UTXUSA... which shows the dirt road separating our farmhouse from the west field where I put in K-69, an Airport Design Editor (ADE) VOR-DME-ILS 2300 foot strip… much to the consternation of the surrounding farmers btw ), all of which are slowing me down appreciably....6FPS under some abysmal conditions… and that's just wrong! Freaking wrong…

I also own and am trying out ultimate terrains SoCal, and UTXUsa under the Estonia migration tool ,although both of these seem to slow me down as well.

And I am flying my sweet little Realair Lancair legacy, also under the Estonia migration tool and I'd be happy to let you guys have the model and fuselage so that you could turn it into an AI aircraft… I think that can be done but I'm sure you will let me know if it's doable and probably more importantly, legal.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all converse about our rigs on how to optimize them as we do our circuits… Safely of course... I LIKE THE THREE PRINCIPALS ESPOUSED BY A LOT OF FOLKS...

AVAIATE

Navigate

Communicate

...anyone who's interested please get in touch with me here or:

Hesynergy@gmail.com

...and let's see if we can't give each other some pointers on how we can fly 'n chat(SKYPE?), swap experiences and optimize our fun on PE.

... Am I crazy? Or is this a cool idea?

Chas
Hesynergy

Re: East coaster seeks early-bird flying buddies

Post by Hesynergy »

I am just going through keith's IFR number four and it occurred to me ...it might be really cool for us to do skype as a couple of us or more, maybe more, over Google+

...discuss approach plates

...Just say, one of us chooses a random Skyvector IFR or VFR approach plate, then we all go to Skyvector and download that approach Chart...

Once we have all downloaded the same chart and are on the same page, then the one who suggested it starts by

"running his/her finger over the the proper approach", and telling the others how they would go about the approach ...

Kind of a "Vocalized improv , off the top of our heads, approach brief"

... Afterwords we all stick in our own "two cents"… jawing about it....adding Corrections, Amendations....Appendations...as to whether the presenter was right or wrong...and why.

Then someone else does the same… Although since I am new to this... totally new to this... I have heard Keith say that it took him like 2 1/2 hours to completely brief a flightplan including SIDS, En-route, STAR, approach....

... THAT'S WITHOUT DOING WEIGHTS AND BALANCES AND FUEL PLANNING....This would start out with just approaches.

And don't get ME wrong here....

the idea Is learning ...so no bad mouthing anybody for mistakes

This is SUPPOSED TO BE

a COOL learning tool...

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Chas