[April 12, Sat 7:45pm PDT] KSBA-KPSP (IFR)

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Jack

[April 12, Sat 7:45pm PDT] KSBA-KPSP (IFR)

Post by Jack »

I’m planning an IFR run from Santa Barbara Muni to Palm Springs International. Following the success of some of the fly-ins Cyrus has put together, I thought it might be fun to organise another flight. Bring your twin or any aircraft suitable for 180 KIAS at 11k. I’ll be in the Lancair Legacy.

We’ll file TEC SBAN36 and the flight should take roughly over an hour. Plan ahead and file earlier, it will ease the process and your workload later!

The plan will be to depart around 8PM together and maintain roughly the same speed so we stay in some sort of a group. The more pilots involved the better!

When

Saturday April 12, 7:45 PM Pacific Daylight Time
Event time zone converter (what time for your city?)

Schedule

7.45: Connect and startup. I’ll be parked at the north GA transient parking/FBO ramp (east of runway 33R). Connect earlier if you wish.
7.45-7.55: Call delivery and get your clearance on 132.9. Then, monitor ground on 121.7
7.55: Call for taxi.
8.00: holding short – approximate departure time. If everyone has their clearance we’ll get going.

Route to file

FIM V186 ITSME V264 POM V197 PDZ V186 NIKKL V64 TRM PSP
(TEC SBAN36)

Altitude to file

Speed to file

Plan to fly 180 KIAS, so file 220 KTAS. We’re IFR so ATC will manage speed, but this will be the target.

Links

Skyvector interactive IFR chart

MyFlightRoute TEC route

MyFlightRoute airport information

PilotEdge IRC chat

Feel free to leave a post if you have any comments regarding routing, speed, etc, or leave one if you plan to participate. Hope to see you at the ramp at SBA.
Frank Pate

Re: [April 12, Sat 7:45pm PDT] KSBA-KPSP (IFR)

Post by Frank Pate »

Looks like a nice flight Jack. I'm gonna attempt it and give it a whirl. Passed my I1 and have been flying the I2 and I3. As long as I'm not given a hold, I'll rake thru it. It's nice to have this week to plan it out and have everything ready. Thanks for the post!

Frank
N71FS
Jack

Post by Jack »

Frank Pate wrote:Looks like a nice flight Jack. I'm gonna attempt it and give it a whirl. Passed my I1 and have been flying the I2 and I3. As long as I'm not given a hold, I'll rake thru it. It's nice to have this week to plan it out and have everything ready. Thanks for the post!

Frank
N71FS
Thanks Frank, glad to hear you'll be there. Taking the I2 & I3 tests will definitely give you a greater understanding of what to expect on this flight.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks for posting this, should be a nice, scenic flight! I've posted this on our FB page for increased visibility, too, and will see if we can have some increased ATC presence for you, too.
Anthony Santanastaso

Post by Anthony Santanastaso »

Keith Smith wrote:Thanks for posting this, should be a nice, scenic flight! I've posted this on our FB page for increased visibility, too, and will see if we can have some increased ATC presence for you, too.
I'm pretty certain I'll be around to control. I look forward to it.
Anthony Santanastaso
PilotEdge ATCS
Private Pilot ASEL
Twitch broadcasts: Archived | Live
Jack

Post by Jack »

Thanks, Keith. And that will be great.
Heavyflyer767

Post by Heavyflyer767 »

Hi Jack,
I appreciate you're filling in for Cyrus. I enjoyed the couple of times that I was able to participate in his flights. As Keith mentioned, it looks to be a scenic flight.
I'll be in Duke N510PC.

Regards, Pat Snyder
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

I wish I could make it, but its a but late for me. Have fun!
Jack

Post by Jack »

Great. See you there Pat.

Dutin, maybe next time!
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Im a bit rusty but i will try to join.