[April 12, Sat 7:45pm PDT] KSBA-KPSP (IFR)

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Cyrus

Re: [April 12, Sat 7:45pm PDT] KSBA-KPSP (IFR)

Post by Cyrus »

Unfortunately, I'm on a hiatus from this hobby for personal reasons (i.e. time commitment required by other projects in my life).

However, I'm so glad to see that this fly-in was planned. It's a great route and I'm all giddy at the thought of it (and even more saddened that I'm not able to join). I love those two fields... and everything in between. I know it will be a blast and hope that you all have great time tomorrow night.

Make sure that y'all keep the fly-ins going! It's great that Keith and the PE controllers support them, too. For me - without a shadow of a doubt - the best experience and most fun I've had (or will likely ever have) in flight simming is when I'm on PE in a group flight... nothing beats it!

Cyrus :)
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Anthony Santanastaso

Post by Anthony Santanastaso »

Keith Smith wrote:I'll try to control or fly for this one!
It's a definite, I'll be controlling. See you all tonight.
Anthony Santanastaso
PilotEdge ATCS
Private Pilot ASEL
Twitch broadcasts: Archived | Live
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

There are quite a few controllers lined up for this, it should be a good one!
Jack

Post by Jack »

See you all tonight!

Cyrus, these fly-ins, for me too, have been great fun. Hopefully we can fly again soon.
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Firing up X-Plane right now, see you guys there. Should be fun!

A little late notice, but for all X-Plane users, if you don't have it already, I highly recommend downloading and installing this KSBA scenery package in your custom scenery folder for the fly-in. It fixes the out-of-date layout of the stock airport.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=20759
Jack

Post by Jack »

Thanks everyone for flying! It was a great trip. Unfortunately, shortly after takeoff my simulator crashed so I was sent back to Santa Barbara for a second attempt. I made it eventually though. Looks like most were faster than me so it was probably a good thing being at the back.

Again, thanks for flying and thanks to the controllers for a great job.
Heavyflyer767

Post by Heavyflyer767 »

Jack,
Did not see anyone on IRC chat after landing. Too bad. It's late here on east coast USA, so i guess we all are heading to bed. Enjoyed it anyway. I had to go around. I know I could've made it. BUT it was good practice anyway. I landed after you. Thanks for all the preflight planning.

Hope to do that again,

Pat Snyder
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

That was a blast. I swapped from the Baron to the Jetstream (JS32) when I realized that I wasn't going to be able to depart early, and that the xp10 stock Baron (165KTAS) wouldn't be able to keep up.

It was nice hearing all the voices (pilots and ATC) and seeing the sequencing all coming together. Sorry I wasn't on IRC, I streamed the flight live on Twitch and was texting the small audience in my channel after landing while watching the remaining arrivals. Here's the highlight video from the flight: http://www.twitch.tv/ksmith_pe/c/4073483
Pieces

Post by Pieces »

Great fly out everyone. Jack, thanks for organizing it.

I was the slow Malibu near the front. Everything went great until landing; that is a steep approach coming over the mountains. I should have gone around as I was both high and fast. Ended up with a beautiful touchdown, just 50kts faster than is prudent. Hah.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge