How feasible would a PE Poker Run Be?

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
currentadventure

Re: How feasible would a PE Poker Run Be?

Post by currentadventure »

But if you take 2 at the first airport and then stop a 3 more airports then you've only been to four airports.
Brent Stanley
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
Inshore Charter Guide
Private Pilot, ASEL
http://www.currentadventurecharters.com
My PE callsign-N134WD
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

currentadventure wrote:But if you take 2 at the first airport and then stop a 3 more airports then you've only been to four airports.

Yeah, I was counting the departure airport as one which probably isn't right.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
currentadventure

Post by currentadventure »

Whatever the format, I'm sure it would be a blast!!! :D
Brent Stanley
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
Inshore Charter Guide
Private Pilot, ASEL
http://www.currentadventurecharters.com
My PE callsign-N134WD
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I'd be happy to run the tracking aspect of this as required. I have no issues sitting around drinking coffee all day and putting entries into a spreadsheet.
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

ChrisS wrote:I'd be happy to run the tracking aspect of this as required. I have no issues sitting around drinking coffee all day and putting entries into a spreadsheet.
That would be great! It probably would get a bit boring handing out cards and keeping track of them, so if we end up doing this and you end up volunteering, let me be the first to say THANKS! ;-)
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
FrigginGuy

Post by FrigginGuy »

ChrisS wrote:I'd be happy to run the tracking aspect of this as required. I have no issues sitting around drinking coffee all day and putting entries into a spreadsheet.
Perhaps PE would be ok using the discreet 123.45 frequency to hand out the cards?
Seattle, WA
KRNT
N434EP
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Yep, that would be fine, except it's non-trivial for one pilot to be reachable on all those frequencies from all the airports at once. 123.45 is still range-limited by altitude.

Teamspeak might be a better alternative, which simulates you hopping out of the airplane and going to the FBO to speak with someone :) There is a tool we could use to allow a single pilot to transmit to everyone in the voice room regardless of distance, but I'd rather not have to train someone on how to use it. It's a debugging tool that wasn't meant to see the light of day. TS or IRC would the better approach for now.