Uncontrolled Field Fly In/Out?

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
C-JBCS

Uncontrolled Field Fly In/Out?

Post by C-JBCS »

Hello, Would there be any interest in organising a Fly In/Out at an uncontrolled field?

I recently came across this video: http://youtu.be/vYKKm0nJ1G8 , Looked really interesting and challenging. Thought it might be neat to simulate similar conditions here... Not certain if there's an uncontrolled airport in ZLA space with more than one strip...

I understand it would likely appeal more to the General aviation crowd and wouldn't necessarily be everyone's cup of tea... But I guess ya don't know till ya ask...

As usual, I figured once a time and place was picked, folks could choose to fly into or out of that field at the specified time. And maybe hang around for some closed circuit work. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Jay
Pieces

Re: Uncontrolled Field Fly In/Out?

Post by Pieces »

Jay, your best bet is to just put up the post. Set a date and time, give general instructions for what's going on and then show up. Basically, if you want to do something, set it up. :) People will come.

I was thinking about scheduling one to an uncontrolled field, but I hadn't gotten around to it yet.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

I like the idea.
Lee Williams
C-JBCS

Post by C-JBCS »

Cool, here it is viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4065