PMDG B737 NGX on FSX with PE - Shared Cockpit

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Kim Ellis

PMDG B737 NGX on FSX with PE - Shared Cockpit

Post by Kim Ellis »

Anyone interested in flying Shared Cockpit in the PMDG B737 NGX on FSX with PE, then implement Desk-Pilot (http://desk-pilot.com), and let me know where and when you want to fly. I am available 24/7, so don't worry about times zones, I will fit in with your requirements. We do however want PE becuase we need those ATC guys & gals to keep us honest.
ChrisS

Re: PMDG B737 NGX on FSX with PE - Shared Cockpit

Post by ChrisS »

I'm very interested to see how this runs Kim. I'm swamped at work for the next few weeks, but please do keep us up to date on how things go. I've been having a blast flying the FlyJSim 732 shared cockpit. It's a real game changer. Good luck!
sellouts

Post by sellouts »

Yes, please let me know how this goes. I am almost a full time x-plane user now but would go back to FSX for this.

In the demo video the sync looks very slow.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

sellouts, if you're full time xplane, the 737-200 is just amazing. Having shared cockpit takes it to another level, check out the vids posted in the screenshots forum.
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

ChrisS wrote:I'm very interested to see how this runs Kim. I'm swamped at work for the next few weeks, but please do keep us up to date on how things go. I've been having a blast flying the FlyJSim 732 shared cockpit. It's a real game changer. Good luck!
Will post any progress here.
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

sellouts wrote:Yes, please let me know how this goes. I am almost a full time x-plane user now but would go back to FSX for this.
I plan to swap to XPlane when I next buy a new sim machine.
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

Keith Smith wrote:Having shared cockpit takes it to another level, check out the vids posted in the screenshots forum.
Your shared cockpit vids and commentary are one of the best things in the sim world in a long time. Please keep it coming.
Anthony Santanastaso

Post by Anthony Santanastaso »

Kim Ellis wrote:
sellouts wrote:Yes, please let me know how this goes. I am almost a full time x-plane user now but would go back to FSX for this.
Have you built computer before, Kim? Would you be interested in doing so? I had previously been a buyer of manufactured computers until my friend helped to open my eyes to the world of building. I wound up building a machine that cost be about 1/4 of the cost than if I bought it through a major manufacturer and I was able to customize it to exactly what I needed for flying. But, I know that this isn't for everyone and of course you are your own tech support. Just an idea.
Anthony Santanastaso
PilotEdge ATCS
Private Pilot ASEL
Twitch broadcasts: Archived | Live
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

Anthony Santanastaso wrote:
Kim Ellis wrote:
... and of course you are your own tech support. Just an idea.
Interesting point Anthony. I used to build my own in my youth, and I sort of toyed with the idea of doing the same this time round, but then promptly forgot about it. There is something comforting about being able to return to vendor when it breaks.
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

I'm likely to take some shots for this. IMO it's very hard today to build a basic work/home PC for less money than buying it "ready made". Especially when factoring in the cost of the OS.

In my experience I spend slightly more on a "mod-er" PC as a store bought unit but get a more PC for the money. For the record, I'm not building high end PC's. My goal is to hit the "sweet spot" of a budget build.

When building my own PC, I often save money by re-using parts from older PC's. Things like cases, DVD burners, power supplies. This gives a cost saving option not available when buying a ready made PC.

However...... The PC many of us are using for Flight Simulation is NOT a typical home/work PC. When comparing uber high end end PC's, it is possible to save real money by building your own.

IMO one of the pitfalls when building your own PC is to avoid "over buying" which is real easy to do. Just an upgrade here. Make this just a little better. It can really add up FAST.