[June 21, Saturday 2000 PDT] KCNO Fly-In

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Pieces

[June 21, Saturday 2000 PDT] KCNO Fly-In

Post by Pieces »

It's time for PilotEdge Fly-In #3! This time I put up a poll for the destination, and you chose Chino Airport. (Poll here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4114)

This is shaping up to be a monthly event so if we keep generating good traffic, I'll keep scheduling them.

What
KCNO Fly-In. Fly whatever plane you want from where ever you want using which ever (legal) flight rules you want to Chino. Hang out on the ramp after arriving and watch as others come in. Chat with other pilots on the IRC channel. Have a good time flying with other pilots from the community.

Where
Fly to Chino Airport (KCNO) from somewhere in SoCal. The long runway is 7000 ft long, so bigger than KSNA. I know we had a 747 land at the SNA fly-in, so size shouldn't matter. Gas is pretty cheap too. ($4.95 for 100LL)

When
Arrive at KCNO on Saturday, June 21st at 2000 PDT (8:00pm). Notice, this is the arrival time. You will need to do the flight planning for your chosen route to get to CNO at the appropriate time. The key to this being a fun event is getting everyone into the airspace at the same time. Do your flight planning!

Event time zone converter

Resources
Skyvector for charts and flight planning.
MyFlightRoute for route generation/TEC lookup. Set "Destination Airport" to KCNO and get a random flight with whatever other parameters you want.
PIlotEdge IRC Chat for chatting during the event.

Feel free to leave questions/RSVPs. There are many people willing to help if you have flight planning questions. This would also be a great event for some shared cockpit experience for newer pilots.

So far our concurrent record is still 32. There were 19 responses on the poll, so let's see how many people we can actually get.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Re: [June 21, Saturday 2000 PDT] KCNO Fly-In

Post by Keith Smith »

When the dust settles from the system upgrade and the launch of the IFR Bootcamps with Pilotworkshops, we're going to start scheduling more formal PE events with specific staffing, lots of publicity, etc. However, in the mean time, I appreciate you taking the time to run with these! Just a small note, Sat nights tend to be a bit tricky for staffing, we might not always be able to add extra staff, but we'll try when we see these informal events taking shape.
Pieces

Post by Pieces »

Tomorrow evening!

Who is planning to fly?
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

I'm a maybe. Family in town this weekend but I might be able to get a short hop in.
ncsterno

Post by ncsterno »

I'm a go!!
Chris Stern
PPL-Instrument Rated-ASEL
Cape Fear Flying Club
Wilmington, NC (KILM)
DA-40XLS N695DS
DA-40XLS N829DS
Pieces