[June 21, Sat. 00:00 Zulu] VF&R Adventure #15 - KCNO Flyin

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
hoser70

[June 21, Sat. 00:00 Zulu] VF&R Adventure #15 - KCNO Flyin

Post by hoser70 »

For something a little different, I would like to invite all PE members to join us as we fly our VF&R Adventure #15 tomorrow with a final destination being KCNO for the big fly-in there. We depart for this adventure at 00:00 Zulu and make a multi-leg trek working our way from KSBP down the coast a bit and then over to Big Bear Lake before finally arriving at KCNO at 03:00 Zulu (8:00 PM PDT) This all, of course, takes place tomorrow, Saturday, June 21, 2014, again departing at 00:00 Zulu (8:00 PM EDT).

What does VF&R mean? Well it's a play on words of course... But we like to just call it VEE EFF and AREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! ;-)

I'll be in the A2A Cherokee but any aircraft that cruises in the 120 knot range is more than welcome. If you want to fly faster, that's just fine as well. Can't make the departure time at KSBP? That's ok, just come find us along the way. 

Ready to join us then? Well alrighty! Let's get to the details, shall we...

There are a total of seven (7) stops on this adventure with a couple short fields and some mountain dodging on the the final leg.

VF&R Adventure #15 - PilotEdge KCNO Fly-in

Route Map (click for larger view)

SkyVector Sectional Route... (opens in new window)

Date: Saturday, June 21, 2014
Wheels Up: 00:00z (5:00 PM PDT)
Suggested Scenery: Use what ya Got!
Suggested Aircraft: A2A Cherokee or C172 or similar aircraft (I'll be in the Cherokee)
Route/Stops: KSBP KLPC KSBA KSZP L70 46CN L35 KCNO
Distance: 263 nm
Shortest / Longest Runways: 2700 ft / 7000 ft
Teamspeak: 69.137.45.143
Teamspeak Password: vfr

Plan on cruise speeds between 100 - 120 IAS.

Please join Teamspeak if you have it as it helps facilitate communication.  Teamspeak is also where we coordinate our next leg departures. We will plan on monitoring 123.45 (if an admin, please let me know) CTAF frequency via the PE client when not in controlled airspace or on unicom for a specific airport, for those that are unable to join the teamspeak server. However we can not guarantee we will always be able or remember to announce our intentions there. All communication will take place on teamspeak with the exception of controlled airspace coms and Unicom at specific airports. We have an 18+ stance in terms of language on teamspeak, so if you don't want to occasionally hear colorful language, please keep that in mind. Or if you don't want other's in your household to hear it, plan on using headphones. ;-)

Jump on Teamspeak by 23:50 zulu if you can so we can be ready to depart by 00:00 zulu.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reply or send me a message. We hope to see you tomorrow, June 21st for the adventure! ;-)
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
hoser70

Re: [June 21, Sat. 00:00 Zulu] VF&R Adventure #15 - KCNO Fly

Post by hoser70 »

Departing in just over 40 minutes for our 3-hour tour to KCNO... Please feel free to join us.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
NameCoin

Post by NameCoin »

Great flying with you guys! Thanks for organising this.
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

NameCoin wrote:Great flying with you guys! Thanks for organising this.
Hey thanks for tagging along. I got a bit lost on that last leg between a sim crash and some bizarre zero/zero weather, but had a blast! We'll do it again soon for sure!
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
NameCoin

Post by NameCoin »

I'll try to be there at the next one!

By the way, I was thinking about your weather and the controller's remark about Chino being a crapshoot today. Another plane came in right after you logged off and had a similar problem. I actually think that the reason is that Corona's (KAJO) ASOS is broken. It has been erroneously reporting overcast at 100 for the past few days, so everyone's weather engine probably took that into account. I actually trained at Corona as a student pilot and that thing was broken all the time. I never trust it.
HRutila

Post by HRutila »

NameCoin wrote:By the way, I was thinking about your weather and the controller's remark about Chino being a crapshoot today.
I said "This is quite a show tonight." I had some really strange occurrences go down at CNO tonight, and we weren't even that busy!
Harold Rutila
COMM-MEL/CFII