[Wed Jul 9 7pm PDT] SAN-LAS-BUR

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

[Wed Jul 9 7pm PDT] SAN-LAS-BUR

Post by Keith Smith »

A number of us have been enjoying the recently-released FlyJSim 737-200 for X-Plane. I'm organizing a fly-out from SAN to LAS with a quick turn to BUR, starting with a gathering at 7pm at SAN, and then wheels up by 7:25pm (or at least in the departure line by that point).

The route is PEBLE4.SXC LAX DAG.CLARR2 (for the 737-200 or any other non-RNAV jet), or use the KEPEC3 arrival for RNAV.

Some of us will be doing shared cockpit flights and live streaming on twitch (myself and helipilot7), so feel free to follow along. If anyone else plans on streaming, go ahead and post here, too.

Anyone is welcome to join in any plane you like, but this is primarily a turbojet group flight due to the distances involved. If you want to fly a piston into Vegas or HND/VGT, go for it, but I'd suggest starting a bit closer, maybe from Bullhead (IFP).

This isn't an official PE event, just another user-scheduled flyout. We'll be resuming the events soon.
FSwind

Re: [Wed Jul 9 7pm PDT] SAN-LAS-BUR

Post by FSwind »

I will most likely join you guys. I am not sure if I will steam it, most likely not. But in that rear event that I do stream, it would be like a pre-flight thing, then I will tell my 2 viewers to switch to Keith's or Helipilot7's stream.

Tyler
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Helipilot isn't going to be able to join because of work. You should feel free to stream anything you like, please don't feel obliged to defer to my stream or anyone else's. Do what works for you. See you there, thanks for coming!
Kim Ellis

Post by Kim Ellis »

I will be there. Hope many of my PE friends can make it too. There's a certain interaction in these things, where if you put enough units in a certain volume, you get unexpected events. Come on gang, give all your PE friends a poke in case they missed the post.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

This is coming up in a few hours. For X-Plane users, grab this new HD CSL for the 737-200: http://assets.pilotedge.net/clients/xpl ... 37-200.zip

Unzip it and place it in xplane/Resources/plugins/PilotEdge/VSPro Resources/CSL.

Grab the new plugin (enables sending/receive for reversers and nosewheel steering) and go!

We'll have a download page with pics and movies of the various aircraft, but for the sake of the fly-out tonight, given the number of 737-200's showing up, I'd highly recommend installing the new plugin and grabbing that 737-200 CSL.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

For those with the B732, here are the airline codes supported by the new model set:
WJA, EIN, AFA, AAH, KLM, SWA.

Those would be Westjet, AerLingus, Air France, Aloha, KLM and Southwest, respectively. There are liveries for each. If you're flying the 732, I'd encourage you to use one of those airlines if you'd like to be seen as accurately as possible by other participants.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Well that was just a hoot! Video coming soon.

Thanks to those that joined in....it was amazing to be flying an airliner and having the app/ctr controller talk non-stop for the entire flight. I had a shared cockpit flight with helipilot7 from SAN-LAS then solo back to BUR (my first time flying the 737 in anything other than the pattern by myself) and we had a blast.

I saw 10 planes on the ramp at SAN at one point. I was late getting out of the gate due to a fried monitor and some odd shared cockpit issue, but with those resolved, we were underway about 15mins later than planned. Otherwise, it was a really fun flight.

Great job to the controllers, I have to say....that was some busy airspace and it was handled very well.
jx_

Post by jx_ »

That was fun.

Inbound to LAS:
Image_00032.png
Image_00032.png (828.74 KiB) Viewed 7958 times
Image_00033.png
Image_00033.png (534.11 KiB) Viewed 7958 times
Departing LAS:
photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (129.32 KiB) Viewed 7958 times
N46PV

Post by N46PV »

That was an awesome experience. It is a really amazing to how seamless and immersive the environment can be. Also, the controller did a outstanding job, pushing tin!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It really was a great flight, I'm glad you guys were able to come along for the ride. Here are the videos as promised: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4216