[Jul 31, Thu 8:00pm PST] KRNM-KONT (IFR)

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Cyrus

[Jul 31, Thu 8:00pm PST] KRNM-KONT (IFR)

Post by Cyrus »

Focus Fields flight.

Tonight, I plan to fly between PE's "Focus Fields", in a northbound direction.

I'll be calling for Clearance right around 8:00pm PST (11:00pm EST) and will head straight off. Estimated flight time around 45 mins.

THE ROUTE:
Skyvector.com: http://tinyurl.com/kmyx2m7
TECRoute: http://www.myflightroute.com/tecsub.php ... T&type=%25
(OCN V23 DANAH V363 POXKU V8 PDZ)

ALTITUDE:
6000 FT (per SANN19)

I'll either be in the Baron 58 (relaxed) or the Cessna 172 (at full throttle!) - haven't decided yet. Either way, I'll file a speed of 110 or 130 KTAS.

I'll also be on PE IRC, in case anyone wants to chat: http://www.pilotedge.net/irc/

Sorry it's such short notice (get used to it! :lol: ), but I hope as many piston flyers can join me as possible.

(Note: if you're in a jet, the TEC routing is totally different... and you'll probably do it in half the time - but feel free. Perhaps set off about 15 to 20 mins later, and we might even arrive at KONT around the same time)
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
Cyrus

Re: [Jul 31, Thu 8:00pm PST] KRNM-KONT (IFR)

Post by Cyrus »

Thanks for flying, N112LW. Sorry I couldn't keep up with you, but hope you had a nice flight too.

I love the Focus Fields concept... it forces me to visit airports that I'm not familiar with (e.g. Ramona).

See you/anyone next time!
-Cyrus Kapadia. A few RW hours in a C172, then a 15 year hiatus. Joined PE in Dec'12, then took a break. Now I'm back, learning fast and loving it. If I'm on, it's usually between 22h and midnight EST with Baron 258E, Skyhawk 176CM or Learjet 66L.
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Cyrus, it was good to see you there.

I normally try to fly flights in conjunction with FS Economy and where the aircraft I own are currently residing. In this case I had a plane at KSAN and there were jobs going from there to KONT. I was a simple jaunt to stop at Ramona and hang out at until 11:00pm EST. I had to get an early start at work the following morning, so I couldn't delay my flight along the route this time. Next time hopefully, we'll get a chance to converse some during the time before we start taxiing.

Typically, people need a few days to plan for most group flights, not sure why, but it may be because there is less rushing for some people. So we may want to get them earlier next time.

I hope to see you on another flight, when I am not so pressed for time. Thanks for the invite!!
Lee Williams
Cyrus

Post by Cyrus »

Good stuff. Thank *you* for hanging out, Lee.

Unfortunately, due to my hectic schedule, I can't always give that much notice. But I do try to look at the "Fly With Me" board before I log on, and maybe others will start to do this too. Anyway, the good thing is it's a totally flexible situation where anyone or no one can join - even at the last minute. But I acknowledge that the most populated events will be the ones where there is at least several days' notice.

Another thing I do (and did right after this flight) is to look at the live PE map and see who's heading for a landing in the next 10 to 15 mins. I then plomp myself down right there on the ramp and request some pattern work. It's great to get instructions from Tower to wait for traffic, line up and wait, etc. I just hope no one else minds that I do this (seems to me that most people would appreciate the additional traffic and realism of the dynamic environment). Having said that, I don't want to become the "Stalker of PilotEdge" :lol:
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

Cyrus wrote:Good stuff. Thank *you* for hanging out, Lee.

Another thing I do (and did right after this flight) is to look at the live PE map and see who's heading for a landing in the next 10 to 15 mins. I then plomp myself down right there on the ramp and request some pattern work. It's great to get instructions from Tower to wait for traffic, line up and wait, etc. :
That's a pretty good idea!
Lee Williams