Shared Cockpit flight in P3D

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
jelder

Shared Cockpit flight in P3D

Post by jelder »

I was hoping to try a shared cockpit flight in P3D. I don't currently have a 737 to try in P3D but would like to try in just a 172 to see how well it works.

I am located in the Bay Area - CA (PST) and usually fly in the evenings. PM me if you are interested in trying to connect and fly. I would like to try it without connecting to Pilot Edge first, to work out the kinks, and then I would like to try it online for the full experience. I am a VFR rated private pilot, so I am fairly comfortable with the radios, so I would be happy to be someone's copilot.

Best regards.

Jim
NameCoin

Re: Shared Cockpit flight in P3D

Post by NameCoin »

Hey Jim,

I'm interested in setting up a shared cockpit. I know that it can be done with FSX, but I've never seen it in my limited time using P3D. How does it work? I also wasn't able to find a stock 172 in my P3D installation. You wouldn't happen to be referring to a third-party 172, like A2A?
jelder

Re: Shared Cockpit flight in P3D

Post by jelder »

I do have the A2A 172, but I believe you can also use the default 172 from FSX (not sure about the licensing issues here, but it does work). I think it is also possible to import the default 737 from FSX. I was not even aware that you could do shared cockpit in P3D, but after seeing the X-plane video I did some research on it, and it does look like the capability is available through the multiplayer functions within P3D. I looked at it last night, and it seems there is even a built in voice chat system. I am sure it will take some fiddling, but I would love to give it a try. If interested, please PM your email or phone number and we can find a time to give it a try.

Thanks.

Jim