[Jan 19] [0230z] Freightdog Fun [SBA-ONT] ish

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
sellener777

[Jan 19] [0230z] Freightdog Fun [SBA-ONT] ish

Post by sellener777 »

So Im thinking of some cargo runs tommorow night. Maybe SBA-ONT. But emphasis is simply on getting some congestion in the air so feel free to make up your own route. It would be cool to have some ONT-SBA criss cross traffic. I was thinking of Ameriflight callsigns(AMFxxxx). Any aircraft type fine but Beech 1900's, metros, chieftains, jetstreams (kinda like metros) are kinda realistic.

Ill plan on ONT-SBA via ONTN17 TEC. Anybody can meet me on the fedex ramp. Plan for a 0245 departure.

Also would like to set our wx to non precision mins and moderate TS (not a requirment but challenging and fun) Maybe cause some friendly congestion with some diversions and or deviations. Onboard radar would help with the TS setting.
Any ideas appreciated, im flexible.

Most of ameriflights aircrafts autopilots are inop so try some handflying if your up to the challenge.

Ill try a stream if theres any intrest.

Ill be in the JS32/A AMF2495

Hope to see you in the not so friendly skies.

Kiwi for chat?

Www.twitch.tv/sellener777
reddawg14

Re: [Jan 19] [0230z] Freightdog Fun [SBA-ONT] ish

Post by reddawg14 »

Sounds like fun. One question, are Beech Barons acceptable? Remove those seats and you have yourself a freighter!
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

Oh sure, the BE58 works fine. Anything to get some congestion up in the air. I was thinking a few guys depart sba, a few depart ont and criss cross. It would be cool to get a group of 10-15 like minded PE members who enjoy IFR flights with some wx challendges to get together and set similar crappy wx and do some ameriflight routes together. It would be cool to see 10 AMF callsigns in the air on PE :0) Add a few TS and some missed approaches and diversions it could get busy!

But don't worry about the weather just get up in the air and make the controllers earn their money ! J/K ;)

Maybe an Ameriflight VA already exists somewhere. Maybe we should get something going?

Or have it setup where a clock starts when you spawn and are timed how long it takes to arrive at your destination....IE rushed briefings/clearances/taxis/and increased shortcut requests on the controllers. Shortest time wins, and airspace violations/altitude busts ect= auto fail :0)

Oh well that should be another post somewhere, maybe Ill have to do that.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

-Erik
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Erik, you look into the ATP Experience VA that's based on PE. The congested/criss cross experience that you seek is specifically what they deliver. You'll see the TPX prefixes in the callsigns online here nearly every evening, that's what they're up to. Their radio telephony callsign is Excel.

I do love the short haul flights, though, I will try my best to make it this evening. It's going to be tough because last night was only supposed to be a couple of hours, but I was up until 2:15am :)
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

I have heard the excel callsigns, but didn't know they were a group I guess. Ill look into it. Maybe disregard my AMF post as you will see. That fly with me flight I believe is tomorrow night though, so your off the hook for tonight :0)

Should have a PE wifes group somewhere, where they can vent about the hobby.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Ah yes, Sunday night, you're right. That is more likely to be doable for me.
Talan2000

Post by Talan2000 »

hi guys. This sounds fun

As I newbie I'm not certain how to log into PE so as to get a call sign. If someone can enlighten me I'd appreciate it. Otherwise you'll see me as plane old N3298s

Todd
Last edited by Talan2000 on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Todd, pick your callsign, just as you did with your N-number. If you're replicating a r/w flight, you could always use the r/w flight number, but that's not a requirement.
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

May I suggest AMFxxxx (Ameriflight) ;)