Ameriflight Cargo Group?

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
sellener777

Ameriflight Cargo Group?

Post by sellener777 »

First off, Im not sure if this is the best place for this post so please remove if not appropriate or direct me elsewhere.

But I like doing IFR flights as AMF2495H (ameriflight) (135 cargo company). Thought it would be fun to get a group of people that like IFR flights to fly under a AMF callsign at regular times on PE (mostly twin turboprops/twin pistons. Focus on short haul 20-40 minute lower altitude hops. I have never done VA, maybe this already exists. But basic goals might be 1) to simply be to congest the airspace a bit with multiple cargo runs during some time period. 2)maybe setup up some type of timing system that times you in relation to a scheduled departure time and your arrival, awarding points or something to the fastest arrivals.....maybe docking points or autofailing the flight due to airspace violations/altitude busts/pilot deviations. This would be kinda cool as it would pressure you into being efficient and quick with your operations and radio work, as well as increasing shortcut requests ect from controllers. Obviously details would have to be worked out as they apply to wx settings/winds. But it would be cool to see 10-15 AMF callsigns on frequency in the air.

Any ideas or opinions let me know,

-Erik
Keith Smith

Re: Ameriflight Cargo Group?

Post by Keith Smith »

Love it, it's like a short haul version of the ATP Experience VA.
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

To keep Ameriflight a safe catgo operation delivering on demand freight on time everytime....it would be cool to have a check airman flight before your released on the line via smartcopilot in maybe the default be58.....

I could be the check airman......(im pretty layed back...dont be afraid) haha. This is to much fun! I like the shorter haul stuff do to more radio work in a given time period and more takeoffs/landings/approaches.
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

Another idea came to me.....

A point/reward system could also be set to reward pilits more for theyre wx settings:vfr/mvfr/and cat 1 mins.....ie worse wx = more points.

Also if u dispatch a aircraft with an inop autopilot you get more points.

And if u dispatch an inop autopilot aircraft with a decreased wx setting your points are increased by a factor of three...or something like that.

Pushing people a bit towards imc wx and handflying the aircraft.

I have told my real world instrument students, if they can handfly imc conditions on a sim to minimums while tuning/briefing/talking to atc, your in the top 1 percent of all naval aviators...(top gun ref if u didnt get it) but im serious.
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

Ok one last thought and then ill let the post cook for a little while....

You could also have like a wx gamble event. Where whomever participates can bet an amount of points or something. If they complete flight succesfully (no pilotdeviations/airspace busts ect.... You get rewarded handsomly. If you crash or deviate you get severely docked points. The catch would be nobody knows what the wx will be for the flight untill they commit. And once you commit you have to fly. (Company pressure i guess). This might be only available to pilots with low scores or something because the comfortable ifr guys wouldnt have much to lose i guess.

The goal would be to push vfr pilots past what theyre normally comfortable with maybe. This would have to be watched as i would not want people crashing all over and neither would PE i assume.