Tonight [Jan 23] [0220Z] short haul ifr

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
sellener777

Tonight [Jan 23] [0220Z] short haul ifr

Post by sellener777 »

So im going to do some flying tonight. Join in if able. Departing 0220z. Im flying AMF2495 (amflight). If any intrest i was going to start at sna and try to get a route of sna-ont-wjf and another as sna-hhr-wjf.

Meet up at wjf and reverse back to sna via ont , or hhr if we have any intrest. I was planning on an approach at each airport.

123.45 to chat on ground. Im flying a jet stream (250knts)

Try a AMF callsign if able.

My wx will be rainy/cloudy but not with embedded cold cells to ice me up and cause problems like last time. Sorry controllers :(

Give the ndb approach at wjf a shot.

-Erik
Keith Smith

Re: Tonight [Jan 23] [0220Z] short haul ifr

Post by Keith Smith »

Erik, I really enjoyed the last flight. I am tied up tonight with work otherwise I would be there with bells on!

Have a great flight and please stream it! My wife just bought some gourmet popcorn, maybe I can watch the archive of your stream over the w/end and get through the whole bag ;)

Oh man, the NDB at WJF, I haven't shot that in a while. Good call!
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

Ill try to stream, but OBS has been crashing xplane for me recently. 10.32 win7 64bit. Obs 32 bit, not sure if they make a 64 bit obs.
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

Heading to chicago over the weekend, your wifes gourmet popcorn makes me want to pick up some garretts caramel corn in the city!

Betcha those sticky fingers could cause an open mic pretty easy
PenfoldPilot

Post by PenfoldPilot »

I watched pretty much the whole stream even though you didn't think anyone was watching at the end. As evidence I can tell you that I now have that NDB ident stuck in my head. :)

I would have come along but my 210 would never have kept up.
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

Awwwww. I had a viewer. :0)

Sorry if I am boring and mundane.

I have a ton of time on the carenado 210. Just the right speed for approaches and stuff. Let me know if you are ever interested in shared copilot stuff. Or in flying at organized times to increase traffic volume and what not.

Thanks for watching. Sorry I didn't keep up on the chat window. Cant ever seem to find it on the mobile app.

You, by the way get awarded a gold star for watching all that. :>0)
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

So it should be on twitch for awhile I guess. Its archived. www.twitch.tv/sellener777

Its 2:00, but has a lot of workload management stuff.

A high workload/ over workload NDB-C approach and circle.

A LOC 25

A ILS 20R

Busy ATC a couple times. A few ATC changes in tone of voice, with some aircraft HA HA

Gotta love Pilotedge.

A couple of mistakes and corrections.

Wish I could edit it and make it cool with little white text describing my screw-ups and learning points.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

You can tell OBS to make a local recording as well as stream. That way you can edit it, add quotes, then upload to YT.

I believe you can actually download the archive from twitch, too, and do the same thing.

There is a 'highlight' option in twitch which allows you to pick an in/out point (by time) and publish that as a separate clip (saved permanently), and also publish to YT.
sellener777

Post by sellener777 »

Hey thx Keith, ill mess with it.

Just another thought....but what a great tool for teaching the CFI initial. Go up in the sim live and talk through all the maneuvers via twitch.

Its great practice. Also fun/educational to watch your own video and witness your mistakes. Its cool when ur talking through what your doing when ur workload ramps up......you either have long pauses between coherent phrases, or you ramble and trail off with not precise descriptions of whats going on.

Enjoy the popcorn party.