Help for a new guy!

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Travisweathers

Help for a new guy!

Post by Travisweathers »

Hey all,

Is anyone want to help practice with me? I am new to ATC and need practice but I want to make sure I am saying the right things at an uncontrolled airport as I complete a circuit around the airport. Just looking for someone to go to the same uncontrolled airport and be on the same UNICOM. All before I go to a live ATC.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts and pointers! Cheers-
chevyrules

Re: Help for a new guy!

Post by chevyrules »

Sure I will help you out. Just let me know a time that works for you.
Travisweathers

Post by Travisweathers »

Thanks~ I am assuming it's not "kosher" to do day time flying when it's realistically night time out on the Pilot Edge server? So I am going to try and do some day flights this week when I get a chance. Just let me know when you are on usually and we can connect.
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

Travisweathers wrote:Thanks~ I am assuming it's not "kosher" to do day time flying when it's realistically night time out on the Pilot Edge server?
^^^^not true. Feel free to set whatever time of day suites what you are trying to accomplish. Same with the weather. Feel free to set your own.
chevyrules

Post by chevyrules »

Travisweathers wrote:Thanks~ I am assuming it's not "kosher" to do day time flying when it's realistically night time out on the Pilot Edge server? So I am going to try and do some day flights this week when I get a chance. Just let me know when you are on usually and we can connect.
As burns said, it doesn't matter to the controller what time of day it is in your sim. Weather is a bit of different matter, but as long as you inform them that you have custom weather that is fine too.

I am available now if you want. Meet up at L35( Big Bear) which is usually a low traffic airport so that will be a good spot to go. Or even do it out of the coverage area if you really want to stay out of other peoples way as you get the grasp of uncontrolled field procedures.
Travisweathers

Post by Travisweathers »

Thanks sorry about not getting back to you. I'd love to get some flying in if I can! Let me know another good time.
chevyrules

Post by chevyrules »

I would be available at 5 PM EST today.
Travisweathers

Post by Travisweathers »

That works great for me. Let me know the details. I appreciate the help.
chevyrules

Post by chevyrules »

If you want to meet at L35 that will work. Like I said Big Bear is a fairly low traffic airport.
Travisweathers

Post by Travisweathers »

L35 works. Let me get on.