March 29th - Poker Run!

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
bawells

Re: March 29th - Poker Run!

Post by bawells »

This sounds awesome, bummed I'm going to be out of town! Ya'll have fun!
Ben Wells
N384BW
Twitch: uberb0t
Alphabet Challenge
Heavyflyer767

Post by Heavyflyer767 »

Chris, thank you for all the setup work. Looking to have fun with this event.

Regards,
Pat Snyder
davidspreckeriii

Post by davidspreckeriii »

As it looks like an all day event, anyone want to do the flights as a group? We all know the ATC love a challenge.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

david, your best bet would be to post the time you intend to start and the speed you are planning on flying.
davidspreckeriii

Post by davidspreckeriii »

Alright, well depending on the weather and legs of the route I will be doing it in the B407 or B200 so about 120 knots up to 230. As for time, I'm planning on starting early I'm still new enough to ATC work that I'll need more prep time between flights. I've only flown into Charlie once and Delta once... So I intend to use this event to push me to grow a pair :)
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

I'll be in the B200 starting at 11:15-11:30 EST (depending on when I decide to eat breakfast) - TAS 240-250

Unfortunately, if I understand this correctly the cards you'll get when you arrive will be different for each individual, meaning group flights to the same airport won't be possible. Would still be fun to increase the controller's workload, but I doubt we'll be seeing much formation flying this time around.
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If my recollection is right, the route of flight is the same for each plane, so formations won't be a problem. However, they're not publishing the routes in advance of the event. If I'm wrong, Ken/Chris, please correct me.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Btw, I posted the event on FB and the home page, sorry it wasn't done sooner, I had some health issues while I was down in Mexico for the week and didn't get very much done.
kullery

Post by kullery »

Keith is correct.....cards will be randomized, but everyone will get the same route legs so group flights should not be an issue. Random route legs might be a future enhancement!!!

You are welcome to "hang out" at each stop for as long as you like. The legs are short enough so even if a group has aircraft with different speeds it will be easy to regroup at each stop.
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

Ah, ok - got the randomization thing mixed up. Guess I'm just going to have to stay far ahead or behind of the main group then, this way everyone doesn't hear me blunder around on-mic :)
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed