TRAFFIC IN SIGHT - MAY 22, 2015

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Captainkw

TRAFFIC IN SIGHT - MAY 22, 2015

Post by Captainkw »

CLICK OR TAP ON THE IMAGE TO SEE IT FULL SIZE
CLICK OR TAP ON THE IMAGE TO SEE IT FULL SIZE
PE_PDT_EVENT_MAY22.jpg (437.27 KiB) Viewed 8048 times
Hello fellow Aviators! I'm Captain KW and I would like to introduce my Event called TRAFFIC IN SIGHT! This will be FUN so please mark your calendars for Friday, May 22nd on Memorial Day Weekend and BE THERE!
This is an invitation for all Pilots who fly fast jets! E.g. Heavy, Large, and other fast jets.

My Goal: For pilots to choose a departure airport listed below at the specified time and simply enjoy their flight to the assigned destination. I made the departure times 30 minutes apart so that we can have some aircrafts passing each other at safe cruising altitudes at some point. Also, I'm hoping some Pilots will be able to see others landing while holding short of the runway and those landing may see other aircrafts taking off and/or holding short. This is NOT a relay flight. Please choose one airport and depart. If the 6:30pm(PDT) departure is filling up, please wait for the 7pm(PDT) departure time. My intention is to have enough traffic at both the 6:30pm(PDT) departure and 7pm(PDT) departure times.
Here are the instructions below:

1) DATE OF EVENT: Friday, May 22, 2015

2) FIRST DEPARTURE TIME: 6:30pm (PDT) / 01:30Z
FIRST DEPARTURE/ARRIVAL AIRPORTS: KSFO - KLAX
FLIGHT PLAN (KSFO - KLAX): PORTE6 AVE SADDE6

3) SECOND DEPARTURE TIME: 7pm (PDT) / 02:00Z
SECOND DEPARTURE/ARRIVAL AIRPORTS: KLAX - KSFO
FLIGHT PLAN (KLAX - KSFO): VTU5 RZS BSR BSR2

4) CRUISING ALTITUDE CHOICE: FL260 - FL320

5) FLIGHT DURATION: 1hr 05 mins

6) EVENT ENDS FOR YOU WHEN YOU LAND AT YOUR DESTINATION AIRPORT. MY GOAL IS FOR ALL AIRCRAFTS TO BE ON THE GROUND BY LATEST 10:30PM (PDT) / 05:30Z. PLEASE BE PARKED, ON-TIME, AT THE GATE OF YOUR CHOICE AT 6:30PM(PDT) OR 7PM (PDT).

7) TYPES OF JETS: All Fast Jets including 777, 737, 757, 787, 707, 717, 727, A310, A320, A330, A350, Embraer, & other jets!

I sincerely hope there will be a GREAT turnout and let's all have FUUUUUNNNNNNN!!!!!

Any questions, comments, or if I forgot to mention something, please reply and let me know. If you can make it, please let me know too. Thanks in advance to everyone.

Captain KW.
mmerelles

Re: TRAFFIC IN SIGHT - MAY 22, 2015

Post by mmerelles »

count me in :)

isn't it better doing only one leg KSFO to KLAX for more fun and then schedule the return to other day?
Captainkw

Post by Captainkw »

Great that you can make it! However, it is just one leg and not a relay. You just choose which one you want to fly..whether KSFO - KLAX or KLAX - KSFO. There's only a 30 minute difference between departure times. So just choose one leg. I've explained everything in the notes above. Thanks for responding to my post.
mmerelles

Post by mmerelles »

yes, i understood we are flying one leg only. I meant not having two legs for selection, but a fix-one-way-only leg for everybody so departure and landings should be a lot of fun. All aircrafts at the same time for departure and then at landing. Anyway it was just a suggestion. I will be there :D
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

One-way conga lines have been done many times. They're not quite as interesting as they first appear.

The format for this event has two benefits over the one-way conga line:
1) it's possible for someone to actually fly both legs if they like and still be within the event window
2) LAX will have arrivals and departures at the same time which is much more interesting than a single file stream of arrivals and not a single departure

I think this is the better format.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Small note regarding the route: SSTIK1 EBAYE AVE SADDE6 is what is being used by RNAV aircraft now rather than the PORTE SID. For those with current AIRACs, feel free to use it.
walid1111

Post by walid1111 »

Great idea. I wish it was a bit earlier. Some of us Midwestern folks are too old to stay up late. ;)
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

walid1111 wrote:Great idea. I wish it was a bit earlier. Some of us Midwestern folks are too old to stay up late. ;)
4:30 PM 8:00'ish CDT is too late for you??? :shock:
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

walid1111 wrote:Great idea. I wish it was a bit earlier. Some of us Midwestern folks are too old to stay up late. ;)
6:30pm PDT = 8:30pm CDT.

Any chance you were looking at the zulu times and thinking they were local?
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Yes lol... I'm an idiot. You could get going early and land while they are departing.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air