TRAFFIC IN SIGHT - MAY 22, 2015

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Nelson L.

Re: TRAFFIC IN SIGHT - MAY 22, 2015

Post by Nelson L. »

That was insanely fun - until XP crashed as I was descending towards SMO..... AGHHHHHHH :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Sometimes I wonder if I should even do flights longer than 20 minutes....
Attachments
Can't take a screenshot of only 1 screen....
Can't take a screenshot of only 1 screen....
Traffic In Sight 3.png (746.91 KiB) Viewed 8012 times
Takeoff (with traffic departing off the perpendiculars - fancy way of saying I don't know the numbers)
Takeoff (with traffic departing off the perpendiculars - fancy way of saying I don't know the numbers)
Traffic In Sight 2.png (295.07 KiB) Viewed 8012 times
Why is the 732 so slow....
Why is the 732 so slow....
Traffic In Sight 1.png (353.55 KiB) Viewed 8012 times
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Sweet. I'm glad for ONCE I actually made an event! I got done working real world traffic then came home to enjoy fake world jet flying lol

I guess I lead the pack for LAX departures in my "slow" Hawker jet! Everything was going well until I forgot I hadn't pulled up the taxiway diagram at SFO! Argh. Thankfully I just looked down at SafeTaxi :)

Great job to the controllers... I think MB got a little swamped ha!

(Parked at Signature)
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
chevyrules

Post by chevyrules »

That was fun guys. I was glad I got out of KSFO first and out of that mess. Cat was in a huge line....... My internet decided to go out in the middle of the trip, but got back on quickly. It was so hectic I didn't get handed over to LA tower until about 500 ft AGL. Boy was I sweating trying to get a word in edge wise to ask for that frequency change.....

It was great to have Keith controlling again as well. It's always nice to hear that voice over the radios.
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

chevyrules wrote:It was great to have Keith controlling again as well. It's always nice to hear that voice over the radios.
I heard its Keith's birthday today? ;)
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Ryan B wrote:Great job to the controllers... I think MB got a little swamped ha!
It was great seeing the turn out! To say I got swamped was an accurate observation. I need to get the pen out and write myself up on a couple occasions. Focus drifted and I wasn't able to manage speed on a couple just prior to REYES. After REYES, I felt everything slipped into place nicely. For the few going to KSFO spacing was adequate from the get go so no problems there from the ZLA stand point. Not sure how it worked out for Oakland/NorCal.
asad112

Post by asad112 »

That was indeed fun. The VFR trek from SBA to LAX was interesting. After finally getting clearance out of SBA, I thought all was well with the flight following ... but ... radar services were terminated due to work load! Oh well. Contacted SOCAL just past VTU, did a self imposed VFR holding pattern over Malibu Beach (IE - steep turn practice :D). Then cleared direct to SMO, and then over LAX at 2500 to enter the left downwind for 25L!

What a neat experience, though the frame rate I was getting over LAX was pretty horrible. Hope it did not mess anyone up.
davidspreckeriii

Post by davidspreckeriii »

First time doing IFR, of which, I had a couple of guys on TS coaching me as I went. Thanks to Keith and the other controllers for being very patient with me as I remembered that the Eclipse 550 had the OLD 430 gps and that I could not activate the leg that I wanted to get back on. So I had to get vectored and reset the fms to get back on course while in midair. So again, thanks to the ATC for being understanding, next time I'll use something with more up-to-date gps equipment.
mmerelles

Post by mmerelles »

Oh men what a great experience! Do even KSFO to KLAX gets more than 50 flights in real life on a 30 minute time frame window?

Getting clearance, taxi and departure out of KSFO was so fun, i was 8 on the line awaiting for the 1L, several aircrafts behind me while others required 28L and 28R and were departing perpendicular.

Once enroute i was restricted to 280 kts (B772 here), it was great listening the orders given to aircrafts ahead which allowed me to set my fmc and radios in advance. As Chevyrules said i was transferred to LAX tower less than 1000" AGL as well, i was sweating for the freq transfer not to miss.

thank you and congratulations to all the controllers!! date/next?? :D :D
Captainkw

Post by Captainkw »

Thanks to Keith, the Controllers, and all the pilots for such an exciting event!