[May 28, Thursday 2000 PDT] KSNA Fly-In

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
stealthbob

Re: [May 28, Thursday 2000 PDT] KSNA Fly-In

Post by stealthbob »

Thanks for explaining the way it looks up CSL's...I guess we will find out.
maxw3

Post by maxw3 »

i am in for sure AA 100 here we come!!
hoser70

Post by hoser70 »

Peter Grey wrote: 3. Be ready for holding and release times. If we have traffic levels near last weeks event we will need to take proactive and early measures to ensure proper spacing. 50+ planes all trying to be at an airport at the same time is the opposite of Air Traffic Control.
Yeah, this should be an "Event Window" not an "Specific Arrival Time." Arriving between 8:00 - 10:00 PM PDT would be a better plan. Hopefully that's the way it ends up working out.
Thanks,
Lance

NDB Air
Lumberhax

Post by Lumberhax »

The EPIC shows up as a C208
Captainkw

Post by Captainkw »

That was Excellent! Had a bit of a mic problem when KSNA Tower was giving me instructions on Final, but overall it was VERY FUN! Landed that A320 like a Boss in that traffic! Lol
trigger_fsx

Post by trigger_fsx »

Lumberhax wrote:The EPIC shows up as a C208
I am a bit off topic, but I see the developer has released a CSL for the EPIC on the Org. Anyone now if this can be used on PE?
Jacques Le Roux
N841LR
rtataryn

Post by rtataryn »

Very fun. So great to see all those planes in the skies and be sequenced with all that traffic. Great job by all the controllers, and excellent work Keith handling the approaches into KSNA. I continue to be impressed by how well you all do your jobs here. Thanks for putting that fly in together. Hope there is more of those to come!
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
David Gilbert

Post by David Gilbert »

Incredible to listen to the audio recording of the event, but I have a question for Keith or any of the other controllers. Was that enjoyable for you guys handling that much traffic? And were you on the limit of how much you could handle effectively or was it too much or could you handle more?
Normal call sign: N8295L or TPX
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

I could swear I could hear a couple of facepalms from Keith through the radio.... :lol: Tower had his hands full for sure.

I landed a touch early so I missed all the on-route spacing work, the action at the field was neat to see though....even had a non cleared landing.

I listened there for a while then switched over to Peters stream, I learned alot there.

I have to say the best part was when you switched frequency you got a new voice...even to ground! Very immersive, great job by team PE!

BTW...Keith, if you read this. Thanks for just knowing that I required my turn to base to be extended, you had me following a Platus but I doubt I was slow enough at the time to complete the turn and get down to the field. I froze for a bit but then you automatically vectored me out a bit to get better configured...made for a nice clean landing.
Pieces

Post by Pieces »

Thanks for flying everyone. I certainly did not expect that big of a turnout on a Thursday evening. Special thanks to the controllers for handling all of that.
Reece Heinlein, PPL - IR, KMZZ
PilotEdge I-11
Alphabet Challenge