Anyone up for some Shared Cockpit?

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
jeffpoland

Re: Anyone up for some Shared Cockpit?

Post by jeffpoland »

Hey there! I also run x plane, and would love to do some shared cockpit or formation stuff.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

ww3flyingace wrote:StealthBob,
I'm on X-Plane with a good rig, new AirfoilLab C172, and on Rome time (Zulu+2).
Seems you're EST, if I'm right, and though not interested in Shared Cockpit, I would enjoy trying a mini formation---small group on same route, perhaps PE off-hours, Freq 123.45 or 122.8 for some off-LA grid excursion.
I'm told if we're in proximity, we can fly anywhere.
Please post if interested.
C
Hey Ace, missed you post...

To be honest I am more looking for actual Shared cockpit work...and CRM stuff while on PE.

Thanks
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

jeffpoland wrote:Hey there! I also run x plane, and would love to do some shared cockpit or formation stuff.
Hey Jeff, what type of flying are you interested in?

Weekends are best, this one however is a little sketchy but I will likely be on at some point.

Hit me up on PM and we can swap contact info...its not that I am trying to keep this private but posting email addys in open forums allows the web bots to grab them.

Talk with you later.
jeffpoland

Post by jeffpoland »

StealthBob, I shot you a PM.

Ace, I'm interested in formation as well as the shared cockpit stuff if you wanted to send me a PM.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

I have to say one thing about Shared Copilot....

Keith talks about the value of PE and that it prevents you from evolving into barrel rolls and the like when flying.

The next level is flying Shared Copilot and doing the proper procedures as it pertains to CRM without skipping lazily the many steps that are required with a flight pairing.

Had a nice couple of flights today!

...sry to the controllers for calling an emergency with both engines cutout on take off, for some reason I lost the engines when I pulled up the gear but my pilot Jeff was fine with his engines. Flew the rest of the flight with windmilling props :?
jeffpoland

Post by jeffpoland »

That was a lot of fun!

I'm definitely up for other shared cockpit flights if anybody else wants to. It's definitely nice to spread the workload and be able to focus on either flying or taking care of the extra stuff like radios, checklists, and navigation.
Justin Lerner

Post by Justin Lerner »

stealthbob wrote:...sry to the controllers for calling an emergency with both engines cutout on take off, for some reason I lost the engines when I pulled up the gear but my pilot Jeff was fine with his engines. Flew the rest of the flight with windmilling props :?
Would it have been bad to try relighting them on your end?
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

Justin Lerner wrote:
stealthbob wrote:...sry to the controllers for calling an emergency with both engines cutout on take off, for some reason I lost the engines when I pulled up the gear but my pilot Jeff was fine with his engines. Flew the rest of the flight with windmilling props :?
Would it have been bad to try relighting them on your end?
That was the problem, my starter would not even engage.

Don't know what happened?
tshuff

Post by tshuff »

What were you flying? A couple planes I've flown, namely the CRJ-200, require both the master and slave to engage the starters as they do not sync properly.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

We were testing so it was the default Baron...

Our plan next is to jump into the 732 together, looking forward to that but I haven't blocked away the time to do so.

Jeff if you read this throw an email over, we need to do this one for sure.