Shared Cockpit for V-3 Test?

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Daniel Kofman

Shared Cockpit for V-3 Test?

Post by Daniel Kofman »

Hello Guys,

Recently, I have passed my V-1 and V-2 tests here on PilotEdge. However, I reviewed all of the training and reference material for the V-3 test and am still a bit scared to attempt it... Can anyone ride the right-seat and sit me through it? I use FSX and am able to fly it in the Carenado BE58, C172, or C152.

Regards,
Last edited by Daniel Kofman on Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel Kofman - 2250
Arizona State University '21
NameCoin

Re: Shared Cockpit for V-3 Test?

Post by NameCoin »

I see in your signature that you're a student pilot. I think you need to fly the ratings on your own. There are more challenges ahead of you where there won't be anyone to make decisions for you (particularly the cross-country solo flights). If you can't at least attempt a low-pressure, low-consequence flight in the simulator, how will you handle your real world solos?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

If you do the coastal route and mini-route, then the V3 is nothing more than tracking some radials. Make sure you're 100% comfortable with course tracking using radials inbound and outbound. You can practice those, VFR, using any radial on any VOR.

Beyond that, it's just a matter of talking to ATC and getting a clearance through the Bravo in a timely fashion. Watch the V-3 videos then get 'er done.
Daniel Kofman

Post by Daniel Kofman »

Alright, thanks for the advice guys. I'm gonna practice tracking VOR radials and then I'll attempt it.

And NameCoin, I'm no where near what V-3 has to offer in my real-world training, but I see where you're coming from. I agree.

On the other hand, shared cockpit flights are fun (allow you to learn CRM) so if anyone wants to do one, let me know!
Daniel Kofman - 2250
Arizona State University '21