[Nov 13 10am-1pm PST] Ski to Sea (ASE-SNA)

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
jiva602

Re: [Nov 13 10am-1pm PST] Ski to Sea (ASE-SNA)

Post by jiva602 »

Kyle.Sanders wrote:Mudhen rocking Approach!
http://assets.pilotedge.net/recordings/ ... _12810.mp3
Silky smooth :)
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
Keith Smith

Re: [Nov 13 10am-1pm PST] Ski to Sea (ASE-SNA)

Post by Keith Smith »

Great view from Catstrator's cockpit during the event: https://youtu.be/8Sa54wBfzBg (2:27:30 is the handoff from Riverside to Beach where Mudhen was working).

It was a fun event to work, at least from my view on Aspen Dep, Denver and Salt Lake Center. I'm looking forward to more of them, especially once we launch the expansion. There are things we were reminded of by this event and will make some small tweaks for similar events next time regarding spacing, but I think it was still successful. I nearly said, "we learned from this and will make changes," but the truth is we were already aware, this was just a good reminder.

Considering the significant differences between the real world infrastructure and the PE back end, Mudhen did a fairly heroic job of working the traffic with relatively little preparation. If we're lucky enough, we might just get to hear from him again from time to time. I'd certainly be happy to have him back. When someone with his experience looks at what we've worked hard to build and gives it a nod, it does help make it all worthwhile.

Thanks to the controllers for the extra staffing, the pilots for showing up and rocking it, the server for performing (some code changes were made to fix some niggling issues that have cropped up in the past), to JX working so hard to be available for Mudhen, and of course to our special guest for putting in the time to get up to speed in such a short window. Talk about trial by fire!