Southern California Fly-In Club

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?

Southern California Fly-In Club, Interested?

1. Yes
74%
2. No
4%
3. Not Interested
4%
4. Maybe
17%

Total votes: 23

skyhog67

Southern California Fly-In Club

Post by skyhog67 »

I would like to start a Friday Night or Saturday Night or Sunday Afternoon Southern California Fly-in Club...anyone interested?

I don't have the expansion pack yet but would consider if this Fly-In Club gets off the ground.

Thanks, Brett
whyp21

Re: Southern California Fly-In Club

Post by whyp21 »

I just voted yes. 0200Z or later would work best for me on any day of the week. I fly VFR only. Thanks.
Althar93

Post by Althar93 »

I also voted yes - although I have rather atypical simming schedule : 1100Z-0100Z Sunday, Monday & Tuesday usually.
skyhog67

Post by skyhog67 »

Looks like there is enough interest already. 9 yes and 3 maybe.

It will be all VFR that's all i am rated for...

If it works out well and more people have the new expansion we can fly that area also.

I think we should stay with Prop and Turbo Prop. Any other suggestions?

I guess i can pick the first couple of routes, but feel free to suggest any you would like to do.

Once i get this put together I can share a schedule on say Wed-Thur and get a count of who is able to fly at the time that is decided on.

Thanks everyone for there interested I hope to see you soon...Keep it in the Blue!
whyp21

Post by whyp21 »

Maybe we could piggyback on the focus fields? I think most of them would be well suited for slow VFR flights. Being advertised on PE's website, this could encourage other pilots to join us spontaneously. If the suggested times posted on the website do not work for us, then maybe we could propose to change them.

The few times I checked the focus fields, I couldn't find a single pilot in that area, so I ended up doing a few laps around KBSP instead; hoping that I would get in the way of pilots doing the CAT 2,3,4 ratings.

Another option would be to mostly depart from KBSP in order to benefit from the increased traffic brought up by the CAT ratings in that area.

Food for thought.
skyhog67

Post by skyhog67 »

I like the focus field idea, i know how you feel, I always try the focus fields but nobody else is flying those routes.

There a group that does After Hours flights where they start in the morning before PE opens ATC and they fly around different non-towered fields but always end at a towered airport.

I will plan on having first flight setup by Thursday so we can get a feel of how many pilots can be there for the fly-in.

Im planning on a flight at 11:00 ZULU or 7:00 pm PST
jcallum

Post by jcallum »

What day are you thinking?
John Callum - N142VG
i7 4790k, GTX 1070, X-Plane 11 Carenado B58 /w REP, Quest Kodiak, TBM 900, Bell 407, FF A320, FF B763, ASXP
kg135035

Post by kg135035 »

This sounds good.

I would be interested in a Friday or Saturday night Fly In. I am in eastern time zone. (ie: GMT -5). I have not done any "fly-in" flights but would like to give it a try.

Hope we can get something together next weekend.

Thanks
Kevin G.
iracer99

Post by iracer99 »

Between 12:00Z to 18:00Z Usually works for me.
Cherokee N5299X
Legacy N707TC
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Great idea. I would suggest coordinating this on the day of the flight via our Discord: https://discord.gg/DTj6vdF