[Apr 30 10a-1p PDT] PHX/GCN to PSP then SBA

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

[Apr 30 10a-1p PDT] PHX/GCN to PSP then SBA

Post by Keith Smith »

More details coming soon, but I wanted to get this post in place! Finally, a Euro-friendly time for an event!
Keith Smith

Re: [Apr 30 10a-1p] PHX/GCN to PSP then SBA

Post by Keith Smith »

The 3 hour format of the last event with WUS and ZLA starting points, a common second airport and then a third destination worked well, so we're running it again!

Join us starting at 10am departing from either Phoenix Sky Harbor (KPHX) for Western US Expansion subscribers, or Grand Canyon National Park (KGCN) for ZLA-only subscribers. Head over to Palm Springs (KPSP) for a quick turn before departing to Santa Barbara. All aircraft types are welcome, although you'll probably want a 160kt+ aircraft for the ~400 mile flight if you'd like to complete it within the 3 hour window.

The goal is to provide moderate departure traffic at the two departure airports, a mix of arrivals and departures at Palm Springs, and then a steady arrival flow at Santa Barbara!

With the release of the new Aerobask HD CSLs for X-Plane, owners of the Eclipse, Panthera, Viper Jet are encouraged to show off their shiny new aircraft! See the livery codes on the CSL download page for details (http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/download-hd-csl)
stealthbob

Re: [Apr 30 10a-1p] PHX/GCN to PSP then SBA

Post by stealthbob »

Nice to see a good Dev like Aerobask get some run here...nice job on getting together for all those CSL's!

I am going to run the Eclipse in this event, with the only real choice for a livery...Flower Power!

Also I assume that is PE local time (PST) right?
chevyrules

Re: [Apr 30 10a-1p PDT] PHX/GCN to PSP then SBA

Post by chevyrules »

I will try to make it! Got to do a few things first. We'll shall see.
handwiper

Post by handwiper »

I'll be there, I just so happen to stumble on this forum post, I didn't see anything on the homepage though, I hope people know it's happening, so we can have some fun traffic!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Hopefully most people are subscribed to our facebook or twitter, it was announced there. We weren't able to get a graphic together in time so it wasn't possible to get it on the home page.
uncertifiedpilot

Post by uncertifiedpilot »

Logged on to PE after dinner to spot departing and arriving airplanes at KPSP. Some pics I made at the airport fence (and beyond) :-)
PS. Next time, I'll join you all
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (292.34 KiB) Viewed 9443 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (320.69 KiB) Viewed 9443 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (444.33 KiB) Viewed 9443 times
I use flight simulator to get Instrument Rated: www.uncertifiedpilot.com
Join my live streams on Twitch
Watch my previous flights on YouTube
dhplane

Post by dhplane »

I flew the leg from KPSP to KSBA and had a great time... lot's of traffic and everything flowed very smoothly and professionally... thx as always for everything you guys do... great job!
yajna

Post by yajna »

I did both legs and it was a blast. In the KPHX-KPSP leg I got vectored for separation 3 different times. I even got the nervous "immediate left turn heading XXX for traffic" which was a first for me on PE. Going to have to make time to do more of these events in future!