[Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Keith Smith

Re: [Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Post by Keith Smith »

Scenery download links/videos now posted on the SimVenture page. Aircraft and updated client software coming soon.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

XPlane pilot client has been updated, it can be downloaded from the normal spot: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/downloa ... are-xplane

Visual models and scenery for both sims posted on the SimVenture download page: https://pilotedge.net/pages/simventure-downloads
sgabriel

Post by sgabriel »

What an amazing project! Thanks Keith and everyone!

The scenery though: ACK!! Full of character, yes, but set at lowest (non-zero) World Object density I'm seeing <10 fps vs my usual 40-60 fps. Any advice?
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

sgabriel wrote:What an amazing project! Thanks Keith and everyone!

The scenery though: ACK!! Full of character, yes, but set at lowest (non-zero) World Object density I'm seeing <10 fps vs my usual 40-60 fps. Any advice?
Have you upgraded to Vulkan? Now would be a good time. Did you try turning other sliders down aside from the world objects? Very few people have reported frame rate hits.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
sgabriel

Post by sgabriel »

Hi Kevin,

I'm on Mac, so no Vulkan :) and no Metal, either. I keep my settings pretty minimal, because my machine is a little agèd and has only 2GB of VRAM. Nevertheless, I am accustomed to frame rates between mid-30s and 50 or 60.

I think the scenery is just overwhelming my system, which stands to reason—looking at the scenery in WED, I can see that it is EXTREMELY complex, with hundreds and hundreds of separate objects for each person, airplane, tent, BBQ, and picnic table.

Alas!
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

sgabriel wrote:Hi Kevin,

I'm on Mac, so no Vulkan :) and no Metal, either. I keep my settings pretty minimal, because my machine is a little agèd and has only 2GB of VRAM. Nevertheless, I am accustomed to frame rates between mid-30s and 50 or 60.

I think the scenery is just overwhelming my system, which stands to reason—looking at the scenery in WED, I can see that it is EXTREMELY complex, with hundreds and hundreds of separate objects for each person, airplane, tent, BBQ, and picnic table.

Alas!
If you’re familiar with sceneries, you’re welcome to remove objects at your own risk in hopes of slimming it down some.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
funflyed

Post by funflyed »

Thoughts...?? I loaded the Simventure 2020 scenery and there is no Colored dots on the runway (nor static aircraft). All the scenery looks correct from Ripon to Fiske to KOSH buildings etc. I also loaded PE 1.63 etc and all current Simventure CSL aircraft. No error messages on screen in X-Plane 11 nor in log txt..
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ed
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Where is the scenery in your "Scenery_Packs.ini" file?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

sgabriel wrote:Hi Kevin,

Alas!
The scenery developer is working on a version which will prioritize the objects differently, allowing you to reduce your object density slider in the graphics settings and turn down lots of the static detail while still keeping the important bits.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

funflyed wrote:Thoughts...?? I loaded the Simventure 2020 scenery and there is no Colored dots on the runway (nor static aircraft). All the scenery looks correct from Ripon to Fiske to KOSH buildings etc. I also loaded PE 1.63 etc and all current Simventure CSL aircraft. No error messages on screen in X-Plane 11 nor in log txt..
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ed
If you can find the SimVenture 2020 scenery in the scenery_packs.ini file, cut and past it to the top and give that a try.