[Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?

Re: [Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Postby Keith Smith » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:45 pm

Scenery download links/videos now posted on the SimVenture page. Aircraft and updated client software coming soon.
Keith Smith
 
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: Pompton Plains, NJ

Re: [Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Postby Keith Smith » Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:34 pm

XPlane pilot client has been updated, it can be downloaded from the normal spot: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/downloa ... are-xplane

Visual models and scenery for both sims posted on the SimVenture download page: https://pilotedge.net/pages/simventure-downloads
Keith Smith
 
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: Pompton Plains, NJ

Re: [Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Postby sgabriel » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:50 pm

What an amazing project! Thanks Keith and everyone!

The scenery though: ACK!! Full of character, yes, but set at lowest (non-zero) World Object density I'm seeing <10 fps vs my usual 40-60 fps. Any advice?
sgabriel
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 am

Re: [Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Postby Kevin_atc » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:41 pm

sgabriel wrote:What an amazing project! Thanks Keith and everyone!

The scenery though: ACK!! Full of character, yes, but set at lowest (non-zero) World Object density I'm seeing <10 fps vs my usual 40-60 fps. Any advice?


Have you upgraded to Vulkan? Now would be a good time. Did you try turning other sliders down aside from the world objects? Very few people have reported frame rate hits.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Kevin_atc
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: [Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Postby sgabriel » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:21 am

Hi Kevin,

I'm on Mac, so no Vulkan :) and no Metal, either. I keep my settings pretty minimal, because my machine is a little agèd and has only 2GB of VRAM. Nevertheless, I am accustomed to frame rates between mid-30s and 50 or 60.

I think the scenery is just overwhelming my system, which stands to reason—looking at the scenery in WED, I can see that it is EXTREMELY complex, with hundreds and hundreds of separate objects for each person, airplane, tent, BBQ, and picnic table.

Alas!
sgabriel
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 am

Re: [Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Postby Kevin_atc » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:55 am

sgabriel wrote:Hi Kevin,

I'm on Mac, so no Vulkan :) and no Metal, either. I keep my settings pretty minimal, because my machine is a little agèd and has only 2GB of VRAM. Nevertheless, I am accustomed to frame rates between mid-30s and 50 or 60.

I think the scenery is just overwhelming my system, which stands to reason—looking at the scenery in WED, I can see that it is EXTREMELY complex, with hundreds and hundreds of separate objects for each person, airplane, tent, BBQ, and picnic table.

Alas!


If you’re familiar with sceneries, you’re welcome to remove objects at your own risk in hopes of slimming it down some.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Kevin_atc
 
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Re: [Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Postby funflyed » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:01 am

Thoughts...?? I loaded the Simventure 2020 scenery and there is no Colored dots on the runway (nor static aircraft). All the scenery looks correct from Ripon to Fiske to KOSH buildings etc. I also loaded PE 1.63 etc and all current Simventure CSL aircraft. No error messages on screen in X-Plane 11 nor in log txt..
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ed
funflyed
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun May 13, 2018 8:43 am

Re: [Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Postby Marcus Becker » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:15 am

Where is the scenery in your "Scenery_Packs.ini" file?
Image
Marcus Becker
 
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Re: [Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Postby Keith Smith » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:15 am

sgabriel wrote:Hi Kevin,

I'm on Mac, so no Vulkan :) and no Metal, either. I keep my settings pretty minimal, because my machine is a little agèd and has only 2GB of VRAM. Nevertheless, I am accustomed to frame rates between mid-30s and 50 or 60.

I think the scenery is just overwhelming my system, which stands to reason—looking at the scenery in WED, I can see that it is EXTREMELY complex, with hundreds and hundreds of separate objects for each person, airplane, tent, BBQ, and picnic table.

Alas!


The scenery developer is working on a version which will prioritize the objects differently, allowing you to reduce your object density slider in the graphics settings and turn down lots of the static detail while still keeping the important bits.
Keith Smith
 
Posts: 9843
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: Pompton Plains, NJ

Re: [Jul 21-25] SimVenture 2020

Postby Marcus Becker » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:22 am

funflyed wrote:Thoughts...?? I loaded the Simventure 2020 scenery and there is no Colored dots on the runway (nor static aircraft). All the scenery looks correct from Ripon to Fiske to KOSH buildings etc. I also loaded PE 1.63 etc and all current Simventure CSL aircraft. No error messages on screen in X-Plane 11 nor in log txt..
Thanks in advance for any help.
Ed

If you can find the SimVenture 2020 scenery in the scenery_packs.ini file, cut and past it to the top and give that a try.
Image
Marcus Becker
 
Posts: 920
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:12 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Fly with me

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests