[Sun Mar 14 - 1500 PDT] March!

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Kevin_atc

[Sun Mar 14 - 1500 PDT] March!

Post by Kevin_atc »

For our March event, PilotEdge presents...well, “March!”

Everyone will begin their flight out of March Air Reserve Base. This joint-use (GA and Military) airport is in the heart of SoCal’s Inland Empire. Pilots may choose to fly to either KAVX, KTNP or KIGM. This is a bit of a unique event as all destination airports are non-towered so IFR aircraft should be prepared to hold or cancel airborne if you don’t wish to hold.

As always, pilots my fly IFR or VFR.

Participating pilots are requested to plan their departure between 3:15-4pm PDT. Please refrain from calling Ground/Clearance delivery prior to 3pm PDT

IFR pilots are reminded to use 122.2 to cancel their IFR on the ground at non-towered airports. Pilots should be able to use the approach/center frequency to cancel IFR while on final if they're still high enough.

Recommended IFR routings:

KRIV to:

AVX: (7000ft) PDZ V16 PRADO V363 DANAH SXC

TNP: (Non-turbojet) PERIS V64 TRM V208 TNP
TNP: (Turbojet) SKYES4 TRM V208 TNP

IGM (Non-Turbojet) PERIS V64 TRM V208 EED IGM
IGM (Turbojet) SKYES4 TRM J236 EED IGM

IFR aircraft shall be prepared to hold upon reaching their destination area.
Tip: Be familiar with the published holding patterns near your destination (typically found on approach plates), but be ready to react to an unpublished hold too.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Kevin_atc

Re: [Sun Mar 14 - 1500 PDT] March!

Post by Kevin_atc »

Recommended IFR routings added to the original post above. For a refresher on holding, review the I-10 rating. https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/i10-rating or the holding workshop video https://www.pilotedge.net/workshops/ifr ... tec-routes
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord