Potential subscriber with a newbie Q

Orest Skrypuch

Re: Potential subscriber with a newbie Q

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

It goes something like this. FSX/FS9 transponder states are not available in the MS FS API for external programs to interact with. As a result, changing states on a default FS panel, will not change the transponder state in the PE client (or the VATSIM/IVAO clients for that matter). You have to manage these independently.

I don't know about X-Plane.

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com
felixthreeone

Post by felixthreeone »

FSX. I am just wondering...how is the transponder changed? Is it via the client, or in my aircraft?

Orest, I am not sure what you are trying to say? Since I am not familiar with the software PE uses, I am a bit blind to how the PE controllers 'see' the xponder. Is it like a docked window showing like squawkbox?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I'm going to be tied up most of the day with testing for linux, but I'll respond here when I can. Short answer, you set the transponder code via the aircraft panel. You set the mode (stdby/normal) via a floating window that is part of the PE client app.
felixthreeone

Post by felixthreeone »

Excellent. That was what I was looking for! Thanks! The wifey just gave me approval for the full one-year membership; I will be going away on vacation in the next days so I will most likely sign up then for the trial, and then on to the full subscription!

....My next question...which FSUIPC commands am I looking for when programming PTT? Is it the transmit commands?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

That's good to hear. It'll the RW_AVC commands. It should be fairly intuitive once you start looking for it, but if not, I'll go register FSUIPC myself and get some shots of it.
Orest Skrypuch

Post by Orest Skrypuch »

felixthreeone wrote:....My next question...which FSUIPC commands am I looking for when programming PTT? Is it the transmit commands?
That is actually fully explained in the FSUIPC docs. There is a dedicated command for it, use the SB (SquawkBox) referenced commands.

* Orest
PP/ASEL/IR, Piper Dakota (PA28-236) C-FCPO
President & CEO, UVA, http://www.united-virtual.com
felixthreeone

Post by felixthreeone »

Ok...got the controls in FSUIPC squared away for PTT. My last question concerns the addons and setup I use; I have a lot of aircraft related tweaks that I have implemented (realityXP garmins, shockwave lights, etc..) and also I use the saitek panel suite (radio, multi, switch) ...are there any addons (software or hardware) that would not function with the PE software or cause problems? I just want to be sure I have my ducks in a row before my first 'test' flight....
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

PE reads light states and radio states from the sim via FSUIPC (FS2004) or SimConnect (FSX). As long as your addons are playing nice with the sim, it shouldn't be a problem.
felixthreeone

Post by felixthreeone »

Keith Smith wrote:PE reads light states and radio states from the sim via FSUIPC (FS2004) or SimConnect (FSX). As long as your addons are playing nice with the sim, it shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks, Keith. I look forward to getting into it! Very soon!